• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Hitohira Yoshikazu Tanka Kyuzo 240mm Blue#1 Stainless Clad Taihei Ebony handle Gyuto New in Box Horse Butt strop included.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matchplay18

Banned
Reaction score
I have a really nice gyuto for sale. Hithohira Tanka Kyuzo 240mm Blue#1 Stainless Clad Ebony handle for sale New in Box. I needed a little taller blade. I have other Tanaka's Extra height. Fit finish grind distal taper out standing. My opinion you can move right or left but it is hard to move forward from the performance of these knives.
Blade Blue #1 Stainless Clad
Blade tip to heel 233mm
Blade height at the heel 51.4 mm
Spine at the heel 2.2
Handle Taihei Black Ebony
I have decide to include a Horse Butt strop to the deal This strop was made to spec and never picked up.
12oz Veg Tanned Horse Butt Rolled Shaved to tolerance
16.75x3.75 Kiln Dried milled planed Cherry Quarter Sawn Base This is not a pine 2x4
As per original order the leather surface has been lightly burnished.
Hand firm light draw. Horse Butt leather has a nice subtle porosity along with the inherit Silicates. Works best with Diamond or CBN applications
The under side has a non slip material applied.
I am asking $575.00 shipped CONUS for both. If you are interested send me a PM

Attachments

• DSCN2524.JPG
    DSCN2524.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCN2522.JPG
    DSCN2522.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN2530.JPG
    DSCN2530.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN2525.JPG
    DSCN2525.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCN2528.JPG
    DSCN2528.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN2527.JPG
    DSCN2527.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN2531.JPG
    DSCN2531.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN2532.JPG
    DSCN2532.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 154
Awsome knife. I have the exact one, use it often and enjoy it.

Let me know if you decide to split up the package. I've been in the market for a new strop. My current strop is a little too small, this one would be ideal.

Glws.

Awsome knife. I have the exact one, use it often and enjoy it.

Let me know if you decide to split up the package. I've been in the market for a new strop. My current strop is a little too small, this one would be ideal.

Glws.
As a matter of fact I do have some more strops for sale. These where all special order strops really nice larger 16.5x4 Kangaroo Tail Horse Butt English leather. These become available do to the current business climate. Are you familiar with Kangaroo Tail much more fibrous than regular Kangaroo twice the price but worth it. Do you have a preference? The larger horse butt and English leather go for $50.00 plus shipping if you are interested.
Let me know Thanks Randy

As a matter of fact I do have some more strops for sale. These where all special order strops really nice larger 16.5x4 Kangaroo Tail Horse Butt English leather. These become available do to the current business climate. Are you familiar with Kangaroo Tail much more fibrous than regular Kangaroo twice the price but worth it. Do you have a preference? The larger horse butt and English leather go for $50.00 plus shipping if you are interested.
Let me know Thanks Randy
I'll send you a DM in a little bit to talk strop.

Don’t leave me hangin on the strop. PM sent!

i have some of his strops btw. they are very nice.

Let me know Thanks Randy
DM sent last night.

I'm interested in a strop as well, if any are left.
Yes still some for sale. These are larger strops set your edge take a longer more controlled stroke. I didn't expect all the inquires. I was basically selling a knife. I still do have some left. English leather Hardwood base super nice 15x4 $50.00 plus shipping. I think I still have a Horse Butt again super nice but on a poly base which is a bit more $65.00 plus shipping And possibly some Kangaroo Tail on hardwood and Poly bases $90.00 plus shipping. This is really nice stuff special ordered never picked up. The leather for the larger Roo strop cost me $48.00 shipping tariffs environmental fees. If you know what it is Roo Tail you know it is expensive. If you don't know what it is the price is a bit surprising.
If you are still interested send me a PM
Thanks Randy

Latest posts

Back