Hobbyists who aren't chefs

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recently someone hit the side of my car, i almost cried. when my heiji was chipped to hell, it didnt affect me one bit, just fixed it and moved on..

I was not referring to this kind of speed / accidents / stupid driving. I meant the good one!

I like to work with high quality tools. Why should I not go for the best reasonable performance as a hobbyist? Even more so if I want to relax and enjoy?

ive yet to discover a synth better than my aizu..

So, inspired by you I just brought out the Aizu again for a second try. Took it to a Catcheside instead of whatever I tried it on last time, and.... ****, I may have to reevaluate my earlier negative impression. This forum is the worst.

I consider myself a culinary enthusiast, but am not a chef. As a kid I liked playing with knives and fire. After living in my own I got more into cooking learning I can make food better then what I eat when I go out to my tastes. Then I got my first Shun chefs knife, then I found knife forums when searching for a knife that didn't wedge cutting a sweet potato... the rest is history after dozens of knives and many years I'm fairly happy with my collection. Maybe just a Hattori 210 and Bill Burke knife still on the wish list, oh and another cleaver, and maybe a 3rd bread knife and down the rabbit hole I go.

Seems to be overwhelmingly people just want the best. Just about everything I buy, laptop, car, knives, bed linens I research to find the best I can get.

Back