Holiday Treats

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, the pedals are so expensive because they ARE the Powertap pedals, replacing a stack of Powertap wheels. Because of getting enough carbon wheels that it didn't make sense. At least she's an Ironman and qualified for Kona again this year.

Sorry for the threadjack. If I hadn't just gotten the Sukenari AS, the grey steel might have been mine - very nice work.

Heh, the pedals are so expensive because they ARE the Powertap pedals, replacing a stack of Powertap wheels. Because of getting enough carbon wheels that it didn't make sense. At least she's an Ironman and qualified for Kona again this year.

Sorry for the threadjack. If I hadn't just gotten the Sukenari AS, the grey steel might have been mine - very nice work.

KQ'd again?! What a beast, congratulations to her! My fastest IM distance time is 10:15 which doesn't get me too close to a KQ in my age group.

A few coming.
Matching damascus petty and gyuto with a 52100 Western integral:

61nEIKBh.jpg

The gyuto - this one will be wearing carbon fiber and ironwood burl along with the petty:

6QtVSahh.jpg

Another power hammer visit...

[video=youtube;h8IMGB2h1pw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8IMGB2h1pw[/video]

Very cool Ian! Also FWIW I'm always ready to play "find the subliminal ***** cat" - Notice how I refrained from saying anything overt!! :D

Aahahaa! You got a screenshot! Happy Thanksgiving Tom. :hungry:

The parer with carbon fiber and spalted tamarind. The matching gyuto will be available later this week.

4Qlxf6oh.jpg

[video=youtube;1FlkooOyZEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FlkooOyZEA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Holiday Treats are back and I have a couple of nice builds scheduled!

Anything in particular that you all would like to see hitting the store this year?

Chinese veg cleaver ... 220mm length. 52100. Thin grind. Either short fat traditional handle or a western handle

:nunchucks:

hambone.johnson
Chinese veg cleaver ... 220mm length. 52100. Thin grind. Either short fat traditional handle or a western handle

I like it!

Will you give me the secret "prior to posting online" PM if it gets completed ?!?!?!?! :bliss::bliss::spiteful::stinker::knife::lol2::lol2:

For sure. I shoot ya PM if I make one. :knife:

200mm Line knife. The knife you can pull out to do anything and never be frustrated with your choice. Or a Bird's Beak pairing knife.

Good input Rob! What heel height do you guys like for a 200mm line knife? Around 40mm?

42-44 for me 🙂. I prefer knuckle clearance. I don't personally get the 210 petty for a line knife. I find it somewhat awkward, especially if you have to bust out some quick prep lol. But that's just me. Lots of guys swear by it. Cough integral westerns monosteel/stainless or San Mai cough lol

44mm heel on a 210 is getting close to just being a gyuto though! At least to me it is. I think 40mm is about perfect.

To me a line knife works as a good but not perfect suji, gyuto and petty all at once. The knife that isn't the best at anything but is substantially better than any more focused knife at the things that knife wasn't focused at.

44mm heel on a 210 is getting close to just being a gyuto though! At least to me it is. I think 40mm is about perfect.

To me a line knife works as a good but not perfect suji, gyuto and petty all at once. The knife that isn't the best at anything but is substantially better than any more focused knife at the things that knife wasn't focused at.

Sounds good!

Cough integral westerns monosteel/stainless or San Mai cough lol
Oh ya. :viking:

Back