• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD HOLIDAY WEEKEND PRICE DROP - Ashi Ginga Western Coke Handle - 240mm - $205 Shipped

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfishsauce

Reaction score
Description
I have a problem and bought this gyuto twice! Anyways, up for sale is the rare coke handle Ashi Ginga Swedish stainless steel in 240mm. This is the same handle found on the Ashi Honyaki gyutos. This particular example is the harder steel version at 61 HRC and polished spine and heel. Also has been thinned/ sharpened for extra performance and comes with a wooden saya! Have only used for one test cut since receiving and in exactly the same condition as originally listed here:

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...-ver-munetoshi-all-rounder.63921/#post-977471

Dimensions:
Edge Length - 246mm
Height at heel - 48mm
Weight - 218 g

What's included
Ashi Gina Western Coke Handle 240mm gyuto
Wooden saya
Box

Price
Originally paid more than $300 USD after shipping and fees. Looking for $205 Shipped within the CONUS.

Only trades would be for a nine. No other trades for now.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

Photos
7096233F-5354-4DE5-8164-8C69DBBEDD48.jpeg
4E8046E5-BEDB-4319-9F3D-7CF5D1E90A43.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the inquiries. After some consideration, price has been adjusted. Cheers!

what is "coke handle"? I can't find anything online about the material.
It’s slang terminology referring to the shape of the handle which resembles a glass coke bottle. The handle itself is made up of micarta.

I have a dumb question. Is the edge length really 246mm?? I thought that ashi's always tended to run short, although maybe the yo-gyutos are a different story.

I ask because I actually really like this knife, but tend to like < 240. But someone who is not a wuss like me might really enjoy this extra length. 😁 Wanted to flag that feature for anyone on the fence!

I have a dumb question. Is the edge length really 246mm?? I thought that ashi's always tended to run short, although maybe the yo-gyutos are a different story.

I ask because I actually really like this knife, but tend to like < 240. But someone who is not a wuss like me might really enjoy this extra length. 😁 Wanted to flag that feature for anyone on the fence!
Yes, edge is really 246mm. Normally the 240mm are shorter but not in this case.

Is the blade symmetric left and right, or is it more convex on the right?
Did the thinning have any effect on food release (compared with your other copy)?
Pretty symmetrical.
I didn’t notice any discernible effect on food release with the thinning.

Back