How are you coping? What are you doing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever used your spare time to mess with an internet scammer? It can be good fun. Plus, socially responsible, every second of their time you waste is time they are not stealing from some vulnerable person.

Apparently from email address: [email protected]

I just received THIS:

HSBC UAE home page
HERALD SQUARE CORNER OF 36TH STREET 1350,
Broadway, New York, 10018, United States

Ref: NYC9928XX Date: 28-05-2020

STIMULUS PACKAGE PAYMENT

Attn: Sir/Madam

Sir.

Greeting to you and family today, This letter is to bring to your attention of the approved payment from the United Nation. The sum of US$ 2.5 Million Dollars has been approved to be paid to you by the United states though our bank HSBC BANK.

This Stimulus package payment in your favor is to be used to combat the Corona virus Pandemic COVID-19 situation in your community.

To facilitate swift wire transfer of the sum into your nominated bank account, you are advice to furnish me with your personal details as listed below.

Full Name:

Resident Address:

Office Address:

Mobile/Cell Phone:

Office Telephone/Fax#

Date Of birth :

Passport Copy or any Govt Issued I.d:

Do not hesitate to call me on + 1 661 228 5053 if you have any question.

Your swift response is high needed.

Best regards.
Mr. Frank Ward
Executive Director
HSBC Bank New York.

Stay Connected
HSBC banking services are always within your reach. Find out more about how we’re helping you stay connected during the COVID-19 situation.

Have you ever used your spare time to mess with an internet scammer? It can be good fun. Plus, socially responsible, every second of their time you waste is time they are not stealing from some vulnerable person.

Apparently from email address: [email protected]

I just received THIS:

HSBC UAE home page
HERALD SQUARE CORNER OF 36TH STREET 1350,
Broadway, New York, 10018, United States

Ref: NYC9928XX Date: 28-05-2020

STIMULUS PACKAGE PAYMENT

Attn: Sir/Madam

Sir.

Greeting to you and family today, This letter is to bring to your attention of the approved payment from the United Nation. The sum of US$ 2.5 Million Dollars has been approved to be paid to you by the United states though our bank HSBC BANK.

This Stimulus package payment in your favor is to be used to combat the Corona virus Pandemic COVID-19 situation in your community.

To facilitate swift wire transfer of the sum into your nominated bank account, you are advice to furnish me with your personal details as listed below.

Full Name:

Resident Address:

Office Address:

Mobile/Cell Phone:

Office Telephone/Fax#

Date Of birth :

Passport Copy or any Govt Issued I.d:

Do not hesitate to call me on + 1 661 228 5053 if you have any question.

Your swift response is high needed.

Best regards.
Mr. Frank Ward
Executive Director
HSBC Bank New York.

Stay Connected
HSBC banking services are always within your reach. Find out more about how we’re helping you stay connected during the COVID-19 situation.
Obviously legit. Should buy you some nice custom blades. Maybe a Ferrari. Or two.

On topic - I’m considered essential as is my fiancée (I work for FedEx and she’s a medical assistant at a clinic). Neither of us has been able to take paid time off to quarantine so we’ve been working the entire time. Nerve racking at times to be certain.

Haven't done it myself but it could be a lot of fun. Take James Veitch's TED talk as a template: This is what happens when you reply to spam email. Really well played!

Anyone gone back to work yet? Our lockdown ended on 1st June and I’ve been back since.

During lockdown I’ve been passing time learning to polish my knives and learned more in 2 months than I have 2 years in the rabbit hole. Clearing my backlog of games which I’ve accumulated over the years was an easy way to pass time too!

Still spending a lot of time gardening. Normal years, I have no time to weed from mid June until near end of July so garden runs wild. This year, it is almost orderly. On top of that, I started a largish wildlife garden.

20200619_101046.jpg
20200619_101158.jpg
20200619_101254.jpg
20200619_101319.jpg

Hey Mike How was your job interview/test run?
I felt it went great. Supposed to have an answer the beginning of the week. Fingers crossed I get to tell my current place to suck it.

You know the place isn't great when the maître d' comes up to you and asks "What's wrong? You look like you're going to kill someone."

Right. Definitely so much more comforting than CDs full ambient nonsense such as birds singing silly songs in a forest, or waves washing onto a beach or—heaven forbid—leaves rustling on trees in the autumn wind.

That bacon track definitely has potential. Someone surely could make a killing by recording a bunch of potato chips going into a deep fryer, pig blood running into a bucket, hamburgers sizzling under a broiler and, maybe, thick shakes getting dispensed from an ice cream maker. That's definitely Top 40 material right there.

And it's about time we did away with all this New Age alternative stuff anyway.

Bonus track for early subscribers: turbines running in a coal-fired power plant.

Anyone gone back to work yet? Our lockdown ended on 1st June and I’ve been back since.

I'm in the US military. Surprisingly we did work less, about 1/2 time for 2 months or so, but it's back to work now. No reason why really, it's not like the situation has improved.

Local businesses are mainly back open here, but bars are still closed, and people are wearing masks and distancing. Still feels fairly lonely in terms of social interaction.

I've been cooking a fair amount since I enjoy it so much, but it's a shame to have no-one to share it with. Shamefully, much of it ends up in the disposal when I get tired of the leftovers.

Still spending a lot of time gardening. Normal years, I have no time to weed from mid June until near end of July so garden runs wild. This year, it is almost orderly. On top of that, I started a largish wildlife garden.

Heaven.... I love it. Looks really nice and peaceful!

Some productive looking beds you got going there!

We haven't stopped working, but we did transition to working remote as much as possible. We still have to go to job sites, etc., but many meetings are now telecons or video conferences. Our youngish workforce does suffer from being cooped up at home too much, so many have been going into the office daily. It's not uncommon for 8 (out of 12) to be in the office at the same time, even though they do not need to be.

Been working from home with wife working from home, and keeping the 2nd grader and K up to speed on their school work. Once school ended it was about finding "projects" to engage the kids and keep them thinking. Minecraft modding, pizza making, planning for a trip to the gulf coast. In all honesty, not sure when we will be back in the office. Masks are mandatory, and I'm not going to sit at my desk with a mask on all day.

A popular local steakhouse opened at 50% capacity a couple weeks ago. A waitress tested positive for covid last week and they shut it back down.

Been doing a lot of work outside and enjoying the Saturday morning 25 mile bike rides I've been doing with my brother to keep my sanity.

I was a few weeks late to this:

Love these guys.

... and speaking of rescues

Last edited:
The 60 day sweet corn I started indoors 3 weeks before last frost is getting close to ready. And the raccoons tried to beat me to it, night before last like they always do.

The sounds of raccoons screaming in pain and frustration while getting zapped instead of munching sweet corn in the moonlight are music to my ears. They will have to learn to fly if they want any more of mine.

20200709_124345.jpg

Back