How do I gain privileges for posting in other main threads?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feiii

Reaction score
Don't expect to be able to trade and buy straight away but I am not able to reply to general discussion threads etc.

With regards

Feii

Don't see that you've done intro post, asked to join, or been approved to join.

I'll try and fix that for you.
feel free to navigate me where I need to do those steps because I am little bit lost. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This thread can be the one where you introduce yourself.

Tell us a bit about yourself, your interest in kitchen knives and maybe the place where you live.

This thread can be the one where you introduce yourself.

Tell us a bit about yourself, your interest in kitchen knives and maybe the place where you live.
So greetings,

I am from Czech republic and in my late 20s. I have been a home cook since middleschool/highschool.

Of course it started with simpler meals and my cooking wasn’t frequent. I think it would be much more enjoyable if I had known what is a sharp knife back then haha.

with 2020 I think everybody’s life changed. For me it was home office and more time spent in the kitchen. I really didnt know much about sharpening back then and I got angry that my knives aren’t sharp. I jumped head first into the rabbit hole and never looke back.
For me sharpening and then using sharp knives has almost therapeutic effect and I love it. I almost wish that my now japanese knives with higher hardness got dulled faster 😅

I think that could be it? My latest knife was Yu Kurosaki hap40 gyuto. Personally I am not sure how high to sharpen it when it comes to grit because I read somewhere that it has much bugger carbides than just plain carbon knives and that powdered steel carbides can have 4-6 microns. So I wanted to ask about it here on the forums but didnt have the neccessary privileges.

You should be good to ask away now.

There was a recent thread on sharpening high carbide steels, I think.
if you could point me to the right direction/forum board I would love that.

Back