How do you carry your knives n tools

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexec

Reaction score
How you carry your knives to work? And how do you travel?
I own about 5 gyutos, a deba, a nakiri, a suji, a yanagiba, 2 santoku and 4 petties. Also i have a whole lot of tweezers and tools that just wont fit anywhere!
What's your storage/ knive bag/case?
Im having a hard time with my knife briefcase. Sometimes I need to carry 2 bags and im still missing stuff!

I'm a minimalist—five slots is all I need for a travel kit—this made years ago by Jonathan at Jaw Leather out West. There's a huge range of larger rolls on the market. A few weeks ago I was eyeing a tools bag at HomeDepot that sits up, with tools standing up.

6qbqUlL.jpg

QXW9MUA.jpg

rG77fbO.jpg

Wish I could find something similar with like 20 slots!

i got a "portfolio" style bag i had custom made by weft and warp. thing is amazing 24 slots, a whole leather zipper page to hold a ton of tools etc...

i got a "portfolio" style bag i had custom made by weft and warp. thing is amazing 24 slots, a whole leather zipper page to hold a ton of tools etc...
I havent seen any. Do you have a clue where i can get one?

Also comes down to what you want to spend, what materials you like—leather, canvas, nylon, etc.

The Boldric as 17 slots; Proper Apron Co. has 10 slots.

Also comes down to what you want to spend, what materials you like—leather, canvas, nylon, etc.

The Boldric as 17 slots; Proper Apron Co. has 10 slots.
Ive never thought those were preety tho

Most knife rolls are crap for carrying tools/accessories.
Need a portfolio style bag or something more 3D shaped.
Peelers, scoops, spoons, microplanes, etc don't roll well.

Do you have any on mind?
Most knife rolls are crap for carrying tools/accessories.
Need a portfolio style bag or something more 3D shaped.
Peelers, scoops, spoons, microplanes, etc don't roll well.

I havent seen any. Do you have a clue where i can get one?

Contact Weft and warp. This one was all leather so it was about 400$ but you could talk to them and probably get a cheaper canvas style made as well

Contact Weft and warp. This one was all leather so it was about 400$ but you could talk to them and probably get a cheaper canvas style made as well
Can you PM me website or email?

My knife bag @JKI has been working out great for me. It can hold 6 270mm blades w saya comfortably. I can cram much more into it if necessary but it’s prob not recommended. Anyway, I like keeping only 6-8 knifes in my kit at once.

My Knife Bag is great now that I’m a minimalist. When I worked at a restaurant where ****ing everything was broken, I used the Ultimate Edge 18 slot bag. They’re great if you need to carry your house on your back, including spare fuses, bolts, pliers, etc. Kinda sucked when I walked to work because it got pretty heavy.

i have a 19" tool box from Home Depot. plenty of room for 6 or 7 knives in protective sheaths, 2 or 3 8" x 2" stones, a 12" x 3" diamond stone, 2 8" x 3" diamond stones, towels, apron, a half roll or two of Sic sandpaper and what ever else I thin i might need. stays in house or locked in car.

I'm still new to the field but first thing I was taught was to keep it simple. I carry 6 knives (suji, gyuto, beater chef's, petty, fillet, and bread knife)
All the knife bags I have access to are either too expensive or I hated, so I made my own from left over pieces of leather I had and a thick curtain I found in a flee market. The whole thing cost me 5 bucks to make and I love it.

Post a photo of it—both closed and open with knives in it!

I'm still new to the field but first thing I was taught was to keep it simple. I carry 6 knives (suji, gyuto, beater chef's, petty, fillet, and bread knife)
All the knife bags I have access to are either too expensive or I hated, so I made my own from left over pieces of leather I had and a thick curtain I found in a flee market. The whole thing cost me 5 bucks to make and I love it.

Yeah I'd like to see it. I got the ultimate edge portfolio one mentioned earlier. It's really great.

I use a boldric 8 slot(?) leather roll that goes into a back pack with metal paperwork binder thing, chargers, portable speaker, etc. The roll isn’t the best for all the gadgets but it holds three 270mm gyutos, one 290mm gyuto, tojiro bread/paring knife and a 210mm slicer/190mm garasuki all with sayas and there’s one open slot. Open slot will hold a peeler/chopsticks/scissors or another gyuto. I like having my essentials (overkill?) in one nifty roll and extra crap in the back pack if I decide to bring any of it.

I had the ultimate edge bag for a couple years. Great bag you can fit a ton of stuff in it. 2 years ago I bought a jaw leather 10 slot knife bag, very well made, handsome, and durable. I would recommend either one.

Here’s a few pics, there’s more “pages” in it but this is the basic gist, the large pouch page is great for tools

E9E6552A-60A6-4B05-ACB4-B1555CCF1460.jpeg
7F2648E5-E8CA-445E-BC26-1EF25819C02B.jpeg
0CDD4F38-77E8-46B2-8E7E-D101F94AA556.jpeg
5A369AB4-AF3F-4D07-9633-487198A504D1.jpeg

Will do when I get it back! Im tweaking it a bit, and also punching holes in the two top corners (saw that on some drumstick nags and thought it was cool) so I can hang it, that way I don't need a magnet strip, I just hang it wherever I go. I'll try to finish up with it ASAP and post pics!

Will do when I get it back! Im tweaking it a bit, and also punching holes in the two top corners (saw that on some drumstick nags and thought it was cool) so I can hang it, that way I don't need a magnet strip, I just hang it wherever I go. I'll try to finish up with it ASAP and post pics!

Back