How do you determine the greatness of a gyuto?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not what everybody is buying or talking up. I go for the ones I see yall keep. That knife way by the left or right edge yall try to keep away from the camera so yall don't have to tell me what it is😉

Carrots for wedging, potatoes for food release and check the edge for any tiny inconsistencies with newspaper

If it wedges, would that be a problem with a knife, or is your drugs being too big?

Could also be a moisture issue, which can lead to rust formation. If you have wedge-y cocaine always make sure to dry your favourite gyuto thoroughly before you clean the rest of the house top to bottom at 3am.

For me it's the nori around konnyaku test, and okra.

One of my favorite dishes is thinly sliced raw okra with just a tiny amount of really nice shoyu. If I can get through slicing even half a pound of okra without it becoming a slimy mess, then it's a keeper.

For the nori and konnyaku test, wrap a piece of nori around konnyaku and wait 3 minutes or so. Try and slice the konnyaku without tearing the nori.

I cut water bottles and tatami mats to determinate if its worthy, sometimes dual wielding. Kiya! Kiya!

When it looks like this...
20220107_152846.jpg

Latest posts

Back