How great are the makers here - We are so lucky

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshstar

Reaction score
Wow, The quality of work that is produced by the members of this forum is stunning.

Im lucky enough to receive Daves latest work, it looks gourgeous.

This is my third custom knife from a third maker, so far ive got a Mike Davis, a Marko and now this, they all have different qualities and appeals but the one thing they all share is that they have been superbly made with skill and passion by fantastic people, i also have a couple have of Jon's Suisin knives which while not as custom are equally stunning in their design excellence.

I have one more custom knife left to receive that Mike Davis is currently finishing up, he keeps on using some poor excuse about a baby keeping him away from his shop !!! i have very high hopes that the last one could well be the crowning jewel.

i was thinking the other day that for similar money that ive spent i could have bought a full Kramer block from SLT, then i take one look at what i have got and think why in the heck would you buy factory mass produced Kramers when for the same money you can have superb hand made peices from US craftsmen !!!

Anyone thinking of getting a custom, all I can say is just do it, dont even think about.

Alan

Totally agree. And they're all great guys too!

I'm just throwing this out there, but you really should get a Rodrigue suji, a Harner nakiri and a HHH Falcon. Oh yeah, don't forget a couple sayas from Eamon, and a wedding ring from Del. :spiteful:

Does he really make wedding rings or was that a joke?

Wedding ring !!!

It would be cheaper to buy every knife ever sold

I totally agree. Have been lucky enough to work with a few of the makers here and they have been awesome. Makes me wish i had more money to spend on more customs!!!!!!!!!

This is my third custom knife from a third [...]I have one more custom knife left to receive that Mike Davis is currently finishing up

Damn, just a few months ago you were wet behind the ears asking about MAC vs Shun, and now you have all customs!

Noobs go at full warp-speed nowadays I tell ya...our kids are growing up so fast, where does all the time go? :wink:

LOL

All down to the nice folks at KKF

Making me bloody broke - u b*****ds !!!!!!!!!!

I can't afford knives from all the custom makers here, so thankfully some of them make cool stuff like spoons, fish tongs and key chain fobs :cool2:

We're the lucky ones - to have great members here, friends, and customers like you guys. :doublethumbsup:

It's interesting. I don't really see it as "the knifemakers" and "users." To me, it's more of a continuum made up of individuals that are moving between different extremes. I'm getting a lot closer to the "knifemaker" extreme than I ever thought possible. It's cool to meet in a place where people at different places can exchange stuff and ideas.

It's interesting. I don't really see it as "the knifemakers" and "users." To me, it's more of a continuum made up of individuals that are moving between different extremes. I'm getting a lot closer to the "knifemaker" extreme than I ever thought possible. It's cool to meet in a place where people at different places can exchange stuff and ideas.

:plus1:

I have learned (and continue learning) from people here A LOT so this is a very beneficial relationship.

M

I feel amazingly lucky to have found this many talented craftsmen in one place. What's even more surprising than that, is that all of you look for and take constructive criticism to heart (which, to me, is a sign of any true artisan). Beyond that, there is an unbelievable amount of energy and passion here that, for the most part, is more positive than I have seen in most any other venue. It's also an added bonus that my money goes to makers that I have the pleasure of talking to, and getting to know.

Best wishes,
Taylor

I wish i had gone all custom. too many japanese non customs... i home chef only needs some 9 knives after all (what 9 is too few?), those 9 should all be customs

I wish i had gone all custom. too many japanese non customs... i home chef only needs some 9 knives after all (what 9 is too few?), those 9 should all be customs

Oooohh, then I could get by with only one knife block ;)

Stefan

Back