How many kitchen knives do you own?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe 15 or so I'd guess. But half that that we'd use regularly.

Use to be have around 12, selling some of them, now around 7? Omg I never count it, this is my first time ever to count😂😂😂

Not counting junk steak knives. Somewhere in the 20’s. Shuns were wedding gifts, I can’t get rid of them, but don’t use them. The wife prefers Macs from our wedding.

Since I am making my own there is a rotation of ground knives knives I am testing out and it’s a safe place for my customers blade (those do not get used by anyone).

i regularly use 5-8.

i just counted mine. and i think i got all of them. i have 19. and maybe 5-6 of those and not usable right now. they dont have any handles.

I would say not counting some of the useless crap I have, around 20. Always wish I could have more. They all get used at work. Just have to know when you can afford it and when you can’t for me personally. These are all tools I use for my career though so I buy when I can.

Around 30 active kitchen knives. I have a dozen steak knives to add if we are counting them.

14 (too many!) good knives plus five in the "too be sold" pile. This not inclusive of a few Wustofs and a Chicago Cutlery knife that get hauled out for the dirty jobs: cutting Parmesan and other notably hard cheeses, chopping nuts, etc. I do have sort of a soft spot for the Wustof bird's beak parer so that isn't abused but I'm not counting it among the "good knives".
I'm committed to at least two new knives in 2021 so there definitely needs to be a harder cull.

If you don't count the friend/family knife racks I have filled over the years giving away knives so the wife would let me get something new I have 16.

2 parer, 3 petty, 3 slicer/suji, 2 filet, 2 serrated, 4 gyuto

Still need a nakiri, santoku, a cleaver and more

Last edited:
Back