How many kitchen knives do you own?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 knives and counting. 4 J knives. I imagine I will coalesce to about 10 with about six being J knives.

Great thread - just as I was beginning to wonder if I have an addiction problem...
43 in total at the moment...
30 KKF quality J-knives excluding beaters and mass produced ones such as Shun, Miyabi and Zwilling.

12 for me, all but one acquired in the last 8 or 9 months though... oops

I blame KKF

A lot...and I've been eyeballing some more, thanks for the reality check...still gonna get 'em...need to sell, sell, sell!
sell, sell, sell.jpeg

17 x single bevel slicers
8 x deba
2 x usuba
6 x nakiri
4 x honesuki
3 x santoku
6 x butchery type deals
2 x bread knife
11 x petty
21 x suji
47 x gyuto

A lot...and I've been eyeballing some more, thanks for the reality check...still gonna get 'em...need to sell, sell, sell!
View attachment 120529
8 x deba
2 x usuba
6 x nakiri
4 x honesuki
3 x santoku
6 x butchery type deals
2 x bread knife
11 x petty
21 x suji
47 x gyuto
Legimately curious as to how you store all of these.

View attachment 120529
8 x deba
2 x usuba
6 x nakiri
4 x honesuki
3 x santoku
6 x butchery type deals
2 x bread knife
11 x petty
21 x suji
47 x gyuto

Who has more knives, you or JKI?

After my next BST batch I'll be down to 7 from about 40. I'm going to start working at some end game pieces and hopefully end around a baker's dozen.

Darkhardt Edge Slim XL & Asphyx LG for the keepers and work rotation....knife boxes in a suitcase for the ones I'll probably sell.
Mixed long single bevels, Sakai, Toyama, Sanjo, Shig and the mixed work wrap...still need a couple of wraps for my Western keepers.

View attachment 120530
That feeling when the knife bags for your collection are worth more than most cooks whole kits.
Mostly just jealous though.

That is pretty awesome, I’m not bagging on you or Kramer, just riffing on how silly things can get with this stuff sometimes. Do you cut with it? Is it awesome? I absolutely would if I could afford it and I’m curious

That is pretty awesome, I’m not bagging on you or Kramer, just riffing on how silly things can get with this stuff sometimes. Do you cut with it? Is it awesome? I absolutely would if I could afford it and I’m curious
Not the damascus one, but I used the straight steel all the time before I sold it in 2016. Loved that knife, I used it all the time for 4 years.

58 Total

14 are technically my Lady's
  • 6 Gyuto
  • 1 Santoku
  • 4 Petty
  • 2 Parers
  • 1 Bread

For me
  • 30 Gyuto
  • 4 Petty
  • 5 Parer
  • 1 Bread