How to make fire ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pick up small sticks and store them under my BBQ for fire starters. I either use newspaper or charcoal lighter fluid to start the small sticks. I leave everything open until the starter fluid or newspaper is burned off as I don't want any flavors in my cooking. I only add big logs after the fire is started so no starter fluid soaks into them.

Some of the BBQ guys use a propane torch to start their wood fires.

For the live fire grill, I build a 3 level log house from 6 medium sized split logs, light a full chimney of lump charcoal, dump it in the middle of the house, hit it with a hair dryer for about 30 seconds and I get a roaring fire pretty darn fast.

Hair dryers are like dental floss many uses other than what they are designed for.

If we are going on the Tools & Tech side, I also have this item:

1638377734199.png

Its basically an electrical resistance that heats the charcoals until the fire is ready.

100% bulletproof and liberates a lot of time when you are putting your BBQ in place, it does take the romantic part away of starting a fire....

I got mine from my local Walmart and it had a cost of aprox 17 USD

If you want something super easy, fast an realible, this is the option

Cheers

Andres

Back