I gotta get the hell out of here.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Time to make a move. I just spent a couple of weeks with my dad in California and came to the conclusion that it's time to head back west. If anybody knows somebody who needs a chef or something interesting out west let me know. New Mexico, west to California is fine. I have no vehicle, no money and no place to stay.lol NYC is literally killing me and my old man is getting more frail every time I see him and I'm not doing so hot myself. I figured I better get home soon before one of us croaks. I do not have a set time frame. I'm probably looking for something within the next six months to a year. This will give me a chance to try to squirrel away some money and maybe sell some of the legendary blades I have that I promised I would never part with.lol ;( . I just gotta take care of the family and I can't do it from 3000 miles away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any interviews I would do, would have to be over the phone or email. My current boss is not big on giving or paying for anytime off. He docked my pay when I had heart surgery even though it was on my days off. decided to pay me a 100 bucks for the 2 weeks I was off for my vacation pay instead of the two full weeks I earned. I'm this close to burning it all down. Time too move on. looking for all interesting projects or offers. Help!
Thanks for letting me rant.
Son

hitman:knife:, cleaner, runner,:running: moonshiner and leg breaker:bat: all possibilities. Don't do arson:flame: except for that one time...........and that other time.

decided to pay me a 100 bucks for the 2 weeks I was off for my vacation pay instead of the two full weeks I earned

Call state employment office and file a complaint. I had an old employee do this (unwarranted, she was fired for multiple documented reasons) and even though she had no claim, it resulted in weeks of paperwork with the state agency where I had to show her work on projects and compensation she received and that it was in accordance with her employment contract. If you were entitled to that vacation pay, he has to pay you as promised. If not, at least its a huge PITA for him to defend what he paid you. If he’s too busy to defend it, he either has to settle/pay you or pay for an attorney tondo it for him...either way, its probably cheaper and easier to pay you the time off. And if he retaliates and fires you, its near guaranteed approval for unemployment (which you can collect while you relocate and find new employment)

I wonder what the statute of limitations may be... If >5 years then Son may be able to do this. If 5 years or less, Son is SOL again.

My bad, I didn’t notice the date of the original post! I believe federal law gives 4 years but state law could vary greatly. Although, if you had an attorney draft a letter demanding the wages owed you could threaten with tax fraud as by not paying you the wages owed he also did not pay the taxes on your wages owed to the gov’t. Again, the cost of settling has to be way less than the cost and PITA of defending the claim (something every small business owner learns eventually)

Back