I hate asking, but I have too!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also thought he was taking pre-orders, but he's not. I put my name on the list and waited patiently for my place in line for about six months only to find that I had no place in line - only an email when he gets a few in stock. If you don't happen to be sitting at your computer when he turns on the order button, you're out of luck. After three of these run arounds I gave up. Damn piss poor way of doing business in my opinion. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll never buy anything from CKTG again.

James

I see your point of view and understand the way you feel. On the other hand how many people signed up for notification only to change their mind for what ever reason. Then Mark is sitting on inventory for a day wondering who's going to reply and who's not. Then he's got to match up who signed up for notification first with who replied first. Then he's got to see if they actually placed an order. Then you've got those people who responded but need to wait until next payday or what ever reason to pay for it. This whole thing just becomes one big pain, fraught with possible mistakes being made.

Once people become aware that these special order items are sold on a first come, first served basis then there shouldn't be any problems. CKTG isn't the only company that sells this way. It's pretty much how all businesses run.

I wanted a DT 240mm AEB-L gyuto and a Carter gyuto, but I was too slow to pull the trigger. It sux about missing on the Carter because this might not happen again but that's life.

It is not that complicated, and holding inventory for one day is not a hardship. If there is a list, you offer to the list, then the next day the offer goes public. Is that so hard?

It is not that complicated, and holding inventory for one day is not a hardship. If there is a list, you offer to the list, then the next day the offer goes public. Is that so hard?

Then you should open up an online knife store. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back