I Need a Memory Jog...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
A couple months ago, someone posted a thread about a young knife maker out of Georgia (I believe). I remember being impressed with his designs, but I can't remember his name, or how to find him. I'm not in the market for another knife, but I really want to look at his stuff, and maybe send him an email to talk knives.
Does anyone remember his name?

The only one I could think of was Fowler, but thought for sure you knew him.

This is bizarre. So after Lefty reminds me of Middleton knives and I go searching for the old post, I sat down on my flight (which I am on now) with a back issue of Entrepreneur Magazine and lo and behold there is an article on Quintin Middleton. Page 17 of the October issue talks all about his boutique knife business.

In the article is says that he has completed his ABS apprenticeship under Jason Knight. He also made an interesting point: he says that in most businesses the larger you get usually the quality suffers but in knifemaking, the more knives you produce the better you get. Good point.

I also like that he says he got into knives by making cardboard cutouts of swords after watching Conan movies. You can't argue with that inspiration.

k.

Haha. No, not Stephan Fowler, Matt. Thanks anyways ;)
Karring, you'd be amazed how often I do things like that. I'm surprised he didn't just show up as a member, answering my question with a, "You mean me? I just signed up 2 minutes ago".
I'm gonna search for that article online.

He should come over. Seems like a cool guy.

*edit* Just realized he might go to the ABS expo. I hope he does!

Back