I need help identifying an old Japenese Knife.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imnewhere

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Long story short, I found this cool looking Japenese sushi knife in the trash the other day. So i took it and gave it a good clean. Its lind of dull and looks hella used, but still usable. Now my question is if there is a link out there somewhere to the exact model of this knife, I'd like to check it out and possibly buy one more. If you guy can help me with identifying that based off the picture and specs that would be greatly appreciated. I did some research myself and got halfway through. Was wondering if you guys can help me get the other half. The first thing was to translate the Japenese lettering on the knife. I was able to do that thanks to a good friend lf mines who knows good Japenese. It literally translated to "Work of Kansou made knife (Registered)" then writes "Sekitsubazou Work Kitchen Knife" as you can see on the blade. Then on the back in small lettering it just says made in Japan. The Knife is classified as a Yanagiba knife, but there are so many styles of blade in this category. I came across a similar one here https://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/collections/yanagiba-takobiki/products/y-35-jin-270mm-high-speed-steel-yanagiba-with-saya but no luck on the same exact one I have. Then eventually I ran into brands like "Yaxell" and a generic brand called "Japenese Sekitsubazo Work Kitchen Knife" they both had the same theme but different blade styles. Found here https://m.ebay.com/itm/Set-Japanese-YAXELL-kitchen-chef-knife-Santoku-Yanagiba-Deba-Small-japon-Messer-/130794409763?_mwBanner=1 Now this is where I am stuck. Anyone have any experience or knowledge with Japenese knives?

The knife I found.
8rslfowwjc1cx57

Thanks im advance!

I hope the members can share their knowledge on this with you.

Back