i singlehandedly un****ed my mouse.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <*))))><
Reaction score
my computer mouse started acting weird after about 2-3 years, its started doing fast "double clicks" or not responding at all. and the fast double clicks usually ended up it deleting all my text i was writing.

so i opened that sucker up with screwdriver, and there were 2 tiny switches where the buttons hit. i sprayed deoxidizer/contact spray in these. did about 100 clicks. then blew the solvents out. then reassembled it and it works! and no double clicks or any other crap!

you can do it too. i guess it works for all types of switches and buttons.

no. i feel they should last more than 2 years. and they do mechanically. but its always those ****** switches that dies first. but now i know the switches are not actually dead. you can revive them! and i just did.

I fixed my last mouse and got the left switch to work again... but it lost its click. That lack of tactile/audible feedback bugged me, so I bought a new one, anyway. :p

spray some deoxit or contact spray in the switch man! it really works.

i have no idea for how long this will work, but it seems good now at least.

i'm guessing its an oxide that forms on the contacts and that creates the double clicks. and now i just dissolved it. i might get another 2 years. :)

Oh ****, Dave just gave computer advise I agree with... The world really is ending.

Change the "M" to an "SP" and you've got a world of problems...

I recall cleaning meeses back when they used balls. Good grief they collected muck! Never needed to do so with optical ones.

Like @panda, I love the Logitech MX range. Got a Performance MX that has served me flawlessly for a long time... even coped with some gaming - though not the online variety. And it'll work on any surface - even body parts!

Latest posts

Back