I think I might start smokin any smokers here to give advice?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say it s kinda fun to smoke the pipe but what s the cool thing about is the part before you smoke. For me as a smoking anything virgin it s pretty dificult to prepare the pipe for nice a smoke...

I think I will smoke once a week at the best so I dont worry much about health issue I guess that living in the city centre might have similar effect...

What I wanted to say and what is the thing what like about it that its a lot about skill. Also I love fire and technically you trying to make perfect mini fire...

last what I want to say kids, DONT DO DRUGS!

ps. in my case more dangerous is drinking beer and wine :-D but at least I ve rule that if I want to drink any alcohol I have to do some sport or jogg or any moving over standard...

Since I posted on page one, a spot has been found on my left lower lobe. Soon I will have major surgery to remove it and have a biopsy done. Requires a 7 day stay in the hospital. Poor nurses, they 'will want me gone sooner than that.
Buzz Kill

Since I posted on page one, a spot has been found on my left lower lobe. Soon I will have major surgery to remove it and have a biopsy done. Requires a 7 day stay in the hospital. Poor nurses, they 'will want me gone sooner than that.
Buzz Kill

Sorry to hear that man. I had prostate cancer ten years ago yet here I am. All is not lost. Godspeed.

Buzz Kill

All my best for you and your family friend. One step at a time.

Buzz Kill

Sorry to hear that and I hope all goes well. I had a scare about a year ago... dentist found a lesion under my tongue. I was sent to an oral surgeon - all the while fearing I may have had cancer of the tongue - and the surgeon said that even though I quit smoking 30 years ago, I was still at much higher risk for mouth cancers. Luckily, my lesion was benign and went away on its own, but it scared the hell out of me.

Buzz Kill
Wish u quick full recovery!

I forgot to say I love fatty food. I mean lard a lot of fatty pork etc. So I'm more or less in ketosis mainly I don't like stuff like potatoes 😅
The good thing is I'm in normal shape. I do exercise on daily basis. But have really high cholesterol (like around 8) I mean both LDL and HDL...
You guys still think that 1 pipe a week might be THE problem?

I've (most probably) a romantic view on smoking a pipe somewhere in the woods during mushrooming and looking at stars :-D

Any tips and ideas on where to start? What pipe (I know only Peterson) should I buy and where (is there a good secondary market)? What tobacco?

ps. I've virgin langs and really hate cigarettes. Sometimes try to smoke a cigar and it blows my head off :-D Also, I have an allergy to weed (no kidding)... So looking at some ideal way how to start don't spend too much money because it's very risky if Ill continue smoking but I don't want to have a bad first try just because I don't want to spend a little more money... if you understand me...

And here I thought you were starting a thread on COOKING in a smoker. I was getting ready to go all Traeger and Pit Boss on yer ass....

MAG

I forgot to say I love fatty food. I mean lard a lot of fatty pork etc. So I'm more or less in ketosis mainly I don't like stuff like potatoes 😅
The good thing is I'm in normal shape. I do exercise on daily basis. But have really high cholesterol (like around 8) I mean both LDL and HDL...
You guys still think that 1 pipe a week might be THE problem?

Yes :)

Id be a hell of a lot more scared of cancer than diabetes. Considering the impact on proteins regulating proper cell growth I would run away screaming.

Anyhow, think all has been said and done, only posted first time to shed light on my view of smoking being different as it affects surroundings (aka other humans). The most extreme case being pregnant smokers. take one look at a ultrasound made during smoking and tell me that it aint pure poison.

Over and out :)

Btw ppl only care and argue because they want the best for you, myself included.

And here I thought you were starting a thread on COOKING in a smoker. I was getting ready to go all Traeger and Pit Boss on yer ass....

MAG
OK come on. Recipe for juicy cheese hotlinks? 😜😍😍

maybe i'm wrong, but i don't think having an occasional cigar or pipe is such a big deal. i haven't had either in years, but i wouldn't feel guilty about doing it every now and then. it can taste pretty good, and i've never felt a buzz from either. seems like it has pretty low addiction potential.

i totally believe that doing it daily or weekly for an extended period of time could increase oral cancer risk. but as a treat a few times a year? idk

I do think you’re right about this but I just don’t understand why someone would want to start something that they know is bad for their health. I personally have never smoked tobacco, although I did smoke pot in high school for a couple of years. Now a days that stuff is so powerful I can’t get near it. Anyway, my point is that you may be able to smoke a pipe on occasion and be just fine. And it probably won’t hurt you at all. But, you may end up really liking it, getting addicted and dying from it down the road because you can’t stop. Of course it’s up to you.

Nicotine is highly addictive. It doesn't take long at all before you reach a point where you get really nervous and anxious if you don't get a smoke soon. For me, I think it only took about three or four weeks after I started smoking that the addiction had set in.

There are very few people who can have an occasional smoke only and then leave it alone again for a few weeks.

Effects of nicotine, amount absorbed, and rate of absorption are completely different when comparing cigarette smoking to enjoying a pipe. Comparing the two is kind of like thinking you're really knowledgeable on Japanese knives because you have a global.

Caffeine is highly addictive. It doesn't take long at all before you reach a point where you get really nervous and anxious if you don't get a coffee/energy drink/soda.

(I average a bowl a week, and go months where I just can't find the time and simply don't get to enjoy my pipe. No one's getting addicted off of one pipe a week)

Effects of nicotine, amount absorbed, and rate of absorption are completely different when comparing cigarette smoking to enjoying a pipe. Comparing the two is kind of like thinking you're really knowledgeable on Japanese knives because you have a global.

Caffeine is highly addictive. It doesn't take long at all before you reach a point where you get really nervous and anxious if you don't get a coffee/energy drink/soda.

(I average a bowl a week, and go months where I just can't find the time and simply don't get to enjoy my pipe. No one's getting addicted off of one pipe a week)

And yet I cannot help myself though I thought I would not post more.

Yes, people can get addicted by smoking once a week... In fact there is a genetic variant in the DNMT3B gene related to nicotine that makes it immensely hard to stop once started and much more likely to get addicted.

As the article I posted a link to and numerous other sources show pipe smoke is nearly at or at the level of cigarrettes and cigars in regards to detriment to health.

As for the rate of nicotine uptake, I do not know and would very much like to read more if you have some good sources

Ok we will see where it goes 🙈
I must say I have no problem from drinking 1+ bottle of wine everyday to not drink alcohol for 1/4 of year.
I was also heavy drinker of coffee (like 7 espressos a day) and one day I said no more and it s over 10years now I dont drink coffee…
Or also had sex on regular basis and after second kid… 🤣🤣🤣

What I like is the taste I love open fire BBQ smoked bacon etc. and cigars are too strong for me…

My smoking was Pakalolo liked the high. Haven't smoked it in years. I hate cigarette smell & cigars. Pipes not so bad. Father smoked a pipe. Some pipes are beautiful.

It had been so rough on smokers no public places in Hawaii. When go walking often smell
Pakalolo smoke like that sweet smell. Of coarse smell is related to emotional experience
Father smoking pipe, gasoline meant going on a trip. Pakalolo good times.

Latest posts

Back