I was scammed!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dafox

Reaction score
Got an email from "the USPS", looked real, let me know that the package I sent was being returned as the address was incorrect, and needed a payment to be returned. I sent a package a few days before this email to a family member who may have recently moved, so didnt think much of it, paid the $3 fee with my credit card. The tracking number didn't work so looked more closely, the email came from a private party .ee. argh! Called the credit card company, reported it, yup sounds like a scam, card cancelled, now I need to redo all my auto payments, oh well!
Thought I'd let you all know, maybe save a headache with you. I'm usually more careful!

You should of sent me that money that I emailed you about. I’m a Prince in Africa ready to transfer you $10,000 dollars!! All you need to do is send me the $500.

You just need to pay fees of approx. 873.73 to release the 1768663 $ in bitcoin....PM me and I'll send the payment details.

I recently was almost scammed by someone trying to sell a DAC for a bargain, I was wary so suggested to pick it up....not possible, no CC, no Paypal, just payment in advance and then he would send it well packed, no worries, with DHL.
I reported it to the selling platform after finding out that the pictures were not his for any of the goods he had listed, no response whatsoever....not until like 8 weeks later when I got a message saying that the account I had been in contact was is now suspended because of irregularities...probably after someone got burned.

this is so annoying...all these scams, tiring!

I had the same scam while shipping a package oversees. It wasn't related to the package though, there was no real information, and the linked URL was of the third kind - very suspect. I trashed it. Fee was also some ridiculous amount like you. They've probably infiltrated some automatic shipping service sellers use and bank on the small amount that most people will just pay it blindly. What works about it is if the customer doesn't realize, then at some point he receives/sees his package land to its destination, and just go on thinking it was all normal. So they can do it again...

You just need to pay fees of approx. 873.73 to release the 1768663 $ in bitcoin....PM me and I'll send the payment details.

I recently was almost scammed by someone trying to sell a DAC for a bargain, I was wary so suggested to pick it up....not possible, no CC, no Paypal, just payment in advance and then he would send it well packed, no worries, with DHL.
I reported it to the selling platform after finding out that the pictures were not his for any of the goods he had listed, no response whatsoever....not until like 8 weeks later when I got a message saying that the account I had been in contact was is now suspended because of irregularities...probably after someone got burned.

this is so annoying...all these scams, tiring!
Let me guess... marktplaats? I ran into so much scamming attempts when looking for a GPU on marktplaats a few years ago I basically started avoiding the place entirely. Would only buy anything from there unless I could pick it up in person, especially after I found out how lazy and casual their anti fraud department is about it.

Let me guess... marktplaats? I ran into so much scamming attempts when looking for a GPU on marktplaats a few years ago I basically started avoiding the place entirely. Would only buy anything from there unless I could pick it up in person, especially after I found out how lazy and casual their anti fraud department is about it.
Nope, the thing was located in Bremen but I would have been happy to make the trip...Quoka is the website.
But I also tend to pick up stuff I buy from Marktplaats.

almost forgot that I got ripped off by someone on an Austrian site a while ago, advertising two JBL 075 Super tweeters for like 75 euro each,

turned out it were non AlNiCo 2402H models....he refused to refund making all sort of nonsense excuses , I should have known ...nobody would...so I grew tired of the discussion and opened an EU international claim against him at his local regional court, not expecting anything to come out of it, and it didn't (Covid likely did not help). Apparently he needed the money, I survived, it was a calculated risk.

Hahahaha, today I got a text message (hardly anyone uses those these days) from DHlexpress telling me I need to pay import duties and VAT, so I was pretty sceptical and cautious and guess what....it is an honest message.

It's for a shipment made today, so they apparently collect the $$ asap to not hinder delivery (which suits me fine as it is a test audiophile NVME memory with OCXO and separate power input :) )

Back