Identify Solingen Knife Mark

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Just received a rostfrei (stainless) Japanese deba style knife made in Solingen.

The mark is a small building with a cross at each end of the roof (church?).

Anyone know the maker by this mark?

thanks,

Rob

Greetings Rob, That was an unusual introduction but welcome to the forum. Hope someone has an answer for you.

My unqualified guess would be Gebr. Lützenkirchen Solingen but I could be totally wrong.

Attachments

• 33ad0552c087b61a5fd5cb9aa7c42e68.jpg
    33ad0552c087b61a5fd5cb9aa7c42e68.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 95
  • vintage-germany-made-deba-145mm-stainless-steel-blade-knife-19.jpg
    vintage-germany-made-deba-145mm-stainless-steel-blade-knife-19.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 88
Well, now Ken, did I just buy that knife from you on Ebay?

The knife I just received is a 145mm Deba, looks like the exact knife you posted.

The image of the marks is the one I lifted my image from.

I too thought perhaps Lutzenkirchen because I read they were the only company to use a church as their mark.

Anyway, nice heavy SS deba that will go in my tuna fishing box!

thanks,

Rob

No Rob, I found that knife at A-Frames.
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24856738I was till now unaware that some (there's at least one more) debas were or are made in Solingen. And being German I wonder if it is a typical Krupp 4116 variant Rostfrei which is usually on the soft side (HRC 57/58) would fare as a Deba. Anyway, would love to hear how the knife performs for you.
Cheers.

Mine came dull as a rock, I started in with the 250 grit today, will start to proceed to finer grits this weekend.
It's a very thick blade, I would say about 25-30% thicker than my similar Masamoto.

Back