Identifying knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhoff

Reaction score
Hallo everyone. I am curious and hope you guys can help identify a knife. It qas bought by a friend in 2011 while he was in Japan.

Attachments

• 20190204_193808.jpg
    20190204_193808.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 20190204_193926.jpg
    20190204_193926.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 20190204_193944.jpg
    20190204_193944.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 135
First of all, thank you very much. Secondly, lcan find nothing on kikusue. How is the quality?

Firstly, you are welcome. Secondly, I can not speak as to quality since this is the first time I've seen this brand. They do not seem to have their own website so I can not check the specs on your knives. But from your photos they "appear" to be a very common Japanese production knife, using VG10 in san mai construction with Damascus and Tsuchime (hammered) look. This "type" of knife is sold by many stores/brands (ie; Sakai Takayuki, JCK, etc) with various store brands engraved. These knives are usually mid range priced knives and of average Japanese quality. Kikusue Cutlery is a member of the Keihin Cutlery Association that covers Tokyo and Kanagawa Prefecture, so I tend to doubt that they would be shoddy or questionable.

Firstly, you are welcome. Secondly, I can not speak as to quality since this is the first time I've seen this brand. They do not seem to have their own website so I can not check the specs on your knives. But from your photos they "appear" to be a very common Japanese production knife, using VG10 in san mai construction with Damascus and Tsuchime (hammered) look. This "type" of knife is sold by many stores/brands (ie; Sakai Takayuki, JCK, etc) with various store brands engraved. These knives are usually mid range priced knives and of average Japanese quality. Kikusue Cutlery is a member of the Keihin Cutlery Association that covers Tokyo and Kanagawa Prefecture, so I tend to doubt that they would be shoddy or questionable.

Thank you once again. Just being most herr, but are you from Japan?

Indeed. Although the languages are extremely similar (as is Swedish). As long as we speak slowly I'd guess 80% is understood with no problems

Indeed. Although the languages are extremely similar (as is Swedish). As long as we speak slowly I'd guess 80% is understood with no problems

Aye! I work with a Swedish guy and we usually go to him for translations from that part of the world. Even German he manages quite well!

Studied german for years... still suck at it xD

Lesson I took was, you need to use to learn.

Back