If you are looking for Unicorn Magnum Plus Pepper Mill..

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot -- there was a guy that joined up here a year or so ago who sells peppercorns; hopefully someone remembers the name of his company. We use run-if-the-mill (ha!) tellicherry peppercorns from Penzey's.

Edit: Found it! http://www.pepper-passion.com/

Wow, what a great site! I love pepper, and as such, I use a ton of it.

Haven't pulled the trigger on a Unicorn yet, so I guess I can still entertain the idea of a limited edition mill from Pepper Passion in desert ironwood (only $800 for a salt/pepper set). :)

Shoot -- there was a guy that joined up here a year or so ago who sells peppercorns; hopefully someone remembers the name of his company. We use run-if-the-mill (ha!) tellicherry peppercorns from Penzey's.

Edit: Found it! http://www.pepper-passion.com/

Thanks for the link and what you use. I figured the KKF hive mind would have some good advice on peppercorns. Much appreciated.

Yeah, that guy was really nice too. He makes those mills himself, IIRC. I didn't get any pepper from him yet because I haven't run out of the Tellicherry I already have yet.

wow they have some beautiful mills. 180 for buckeye mills kinda tempting.

Ya, those are top of the line peppercorns/mills. I still got about a pound left of tellicherry and sarawak, so it'll last me for quite a while.

Been using mine alot, and it takes 6oz pepper at a time, which is very nice.

I have used both the tellicherry from Penzeys and the one from pepper-passion (and the Costco as well...)
I'd say in declining order of quality:
Pepper-passion
Penzeys
Costco

But i'm not sure the difference between Pepper-passion and Penzeys valids ordering just for that. I got Pepper-passions sample box and it is great trying to mix and test all those fun peppers that are not available elsewhere.

+1 on the PP variety pack. Big fun, pepper wise!

Gotta try that but then I need another mill first... As a European I actualy use more white than black pepper. Seems to be more common over there than here. A variety pack sounds like a great idea, but I have to go through the rest of my Penzey's bag first...

Stefan

Back