If you could compete in iron chef against one great chef who would it be?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like i said, i respect the man. I like most of his food. I thought we could pick someone to battle in iron chef. I wouldnt pick someone who didnt inspire me.

No I'm just curious what you saw in his attitude. Maybe I missed it or something but I didn't really find issue in it.

Going to bump my old thread, thinking with all the new members we could get some interesting battles.

Wasn't a member back in '15 so...
Wouldn't dream of competing with any of them but would love to be in a kitchen with Madhur Jaffrey, Marco Pierre White or Charmaine Solomon.

If competition were demanded, I'd choose "Chef" Michael Neylan as an opponent. Though I might be a bit star-struck by his sheer wizardry. His three-cheese pizza blend recipe/technique still has me mesmerised. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jaime Oliver. I want to see if he keeps pointing out how rustic and colorful the food is irl too.
And since that was what some of the members talked about, there is one chef I wish I could've hung out with, just to pick his eccentric brains a bit, Homaru Cantu.

Geoffrey Zakarian so I can steal his glasses because 1. I like them and 2. he wouldn't be able to see so I will win.

Cat Kora, so I can be the one who changes her choice of sexuality.

Dunno how I missed this on my previous quick/frantic scroll through? Eyes are getting worse I guess. Big 40 is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER SO MAYBE THAT’S IT?

Regardless... This is some surprisingly ignorant ********. Not funny, never was. People don’t pick and choose who they are sexually. Stow that faux alpha **** somewhere else.

+1 for Hiroyuki Sakai.

The other chef/personality I would have loved to have had a beer (or some blow) with.... Bourdain.

Rick Bayliss

Marco was an inspiration, albeit nuts. I would choose him too.

Years and years ago: I remember going to his first restaurant, Harvey's in Wandsworth, with a stunning girl I was deeply in love with. Half way through dinner, Marco came out and had a full on rant at some customer a couple of tables away (Harvey's was a small restaurant). Marco is about 6' 4" wore some kind or bandana thing, his hair looked dripping wet and he was sweating buckets. His chef's whites were not all that white.

Having completed his rant he turned to go back to the kitchen and caught sight of Susan. He looked at me, looked at her, looked back at me and said "very good choice". This was said quite softly and totally calmly and it was very embarrassing for us as most of the restaurant clapped.

I ate at all of the restaurants where he personally cooked. Outstanding chef. Brilliant man. But nuts.
Wow what a cool story!

This joker from Teruzushi in Japan. He’s a hack who relies on the skill of his staff. It’s very evident by the giant grouper video he put out on YouTube. I’d be fired so fast if mangled a fish like he did. The ridiculously oversized knives make me want to battle him even more.

Attachments

• A01EC36F-6B9D-466A-93BC-C3C0CF5B92F0.jpeg
    A01EC36F-6B9D-466A-93BC-C3C0CF5B92F0.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back