Ignoring JML: A Whole New Forum!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for JML, if really a reborn Eitan, start dropping unicorns on BST 🤣

Last edited:
46F5F2C1-6895-4B42-B19F-44DC45024359.gif
46F5F2C1-6895-4B42-B19F-44DC45024359.gif
Here are the unicorns you were expecting from the reborn Eitan. LOL

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...re-brand-and-retailer-lines.48534/post-727333

In general, I agree.

In this case, there are so many threads and so many similar comments that a broader message seemed like it might be more effective in quelling the responses that have just led to more noise on KKF.

I don't mean to interfere with anything by saying this, as I think this forum is great because to some extent, people can unload their minds on unrelated to OP matters, and in the end of the day it makes sense... or it doesn't but it is plain fun. Sometimes it goes where one or several members will get "personal" with one or several other members. Even that I can accept - under fire things come out. Having been cursed by a member here won't prevent me to laugh at one of his post two days after, or to learn something out of it.

Here the OP implies for people to unload their minds on a human being. Virtual to some extent, and a case difficult to argue by nowadays social platforms standards, but a human being anyway. I won't build a case for him... but when I posted that comment you replied to, just for kicks I went back to the general layout hunting for the first of his post I would encounter. Obviously and according to the matter of the present discussion, I didn't need to search for long. On the other hand, what I was truly looking for went against the grain of the present discussion: 87 replies at that moment. At some point, "we've all" been involved into one of his post, and despite many of these, a recent one still got that amount of replies.

Some people here are highly educated in this business we have at heart. Some people are not, but have the same passion. If none of his posts had met much replies but he was still at posting more, I'd definitely find it weird. Still wouldn't publicly go against him though. But as it is, his incessant "polls" of the "10 best" seem to gather a bit of activity; so be it. This place, how sad it will sound to some, is not what it is because there are a hundred knowledgeable members on it - it was allowed to thrive because there is a WHOLE lot more members than that. They don't all have the same way of dealing with this passion.

What baffles me the most about this is the same than about advertising on social medias: while irritating to some degree when it pops over content of interest, I will never need to hit the Ignore button or curse against lack of such because ignoring is one thing I can do pretty well for myself... let alone finding relief in highlighting to the world what irritations come my way in a day.

I predict Jose will be showing off quite a few knives in the future. He's gonna catch the knife buying bug.

Why ignore & deprive the fun from yourself?

Love or hate, you can’t deny that JML provided more entertainment than anybody else on KKF lately.

Well ma_sha1, you are certainly a close second in terms of providing entertainment for KKF lately.

And then we have the popular thread on unpopular opinions as well.

I predict Jose will be showing off quite a few knives in the future. He's gonna catch the knife buying bug.

Admittedly, if he DOESN'T, then surely that will have been for him the biggest waste of time known to mankind.

But in fact I'm pretty sure he owns a couple of Shigeki Tanaka. That's as good a start as any.

I'm pretty sure he bought a Tanaka ironwood which is having a hard time trying to be shipped from Finland to Singapore.

Here the OP implies for people to unload their minds on a human being. Virtual to some extent, and a case difficult to argue by nowadays social platforms standards, but a human being anyway. I won't build a case for him... but when I posted that comment you replied to, just for kicks I went back to the general layout hunting for the first of his post I would encounter. Obviously and according to the matter of the present discussion, I didn't need to search for long. On the other hand, what I was truly looking for went against the grain of the present discussion: 87 replies at that moment. At some point, "we've all" been involved into one of his post, and despite many of these, a recent one still got that amount of replies.

Unloading their minds on a human being? Nope. Just sharing my experience of how I dealt with a member degrading the forum. Yes, a number of people (including me) responded and kept things going, but those were mostly done in good faith. But this guy has taken advantage of the goodwill and general helpfulness of many members here.

Why come here and ask opinions and advice and then ignore dozens and dozens of post that give a range of good advice? Best case scenario is that he's clueless, but I didn't want to have any more engagement in any thread he started. (And if he is either intentionally being difficult or someone created the account with that intent, those are even worse.) In my mind, he would be deserving of negative comments (as long as they aren't unnecessarily nasty) or getting ignored, either by lack of responses, or using the ignore function of KKF. It worked for me. IMO, this forum will be a better place if people don't respond, and I was tired of seeing his previous threads keep growing and newer threads get started. For some, using ignore may be the preferred option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back