• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Ikeda 240mm Honyaki Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
For your consideration, an Ikeda 240mm honyaki gyuto in white 3 with ebony / buffalo horn / white spacer handle. I am the original owner of this knife. I used it quite a bit for a while and then stored it for some time. When I took it out of storage, I discovered some minor pitting in several places on the blade. I decided that I would send it off for thinning at that point and then take my time putting a nice polish on the blade. Well, I never had it thinned and I don't have the time to polish it and I need the cash so I'm offering it for sale for less than half price. The knife has the original geometry (never thinned) and has been sharpened a couple of times. This knife definitely falls into the workhorse catagory. I enjoy the way it cuts but it could suit me better with a little thinning. Some may like it just like it is. I have been on record praising the steel on this particular knife. It is oil quenched white 3 steel and takes a crazy edge easily.

Heel to tip: 233mm
Height: 48.6mm
weight: 233g / 8.2oz
Spine above heel: 3mm
Spine halfway: 2.1mm
Spine 1cm from tip: 1.8mm
Price: $600 shipped domestic $635 international

7HKck6M.jpg

87IjEqZ.jpg

pr8Qz89.jpg

GeNvMFa.jpg

Closeup of the worst of the pitting