In NYC for my 65th Birthday, where to eat

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's in July so I am starting to think about it now! Is Eleven Madison Park the one to try to get a reservation for? If not Eleven Madison Park, what suggestions? And if it is Eleven Madison Park does any KKFer have any connections to score a reservation (it's a Sunday so slightly less than prime time...)

Going to bring a bottle of Grange I have been celerring for 10 years and possible a bottle of vintage champagne!

Thanks in advance!

Eleven Madison (I prefer The Nomad), Daniel, Le Bernandin, Bouley at Home, Jean-Georges, Per Se, Babbo, Del Posto are all great choices. Don’t forget the oldies too: Rao’s, Peter Luger. While you’re up there, be sure to check out Ramen Lab for lunch and Korin for knives!

What kind of food are y'all most into and excited about? Plenty of options in NYC no matter what.

We went in October and just ate Japanese food the entire time.

We did:

Ippudo for Ramen
Yakitori Totto x2
Sakagura
Tempura Matsui for lunch
Kyo Ya
Sushi AMANE

All of the places were really good and we had a blast. It's hard because there's so much variety and so many options in New York, so even though we had a great time, on our next visit I think we would try some of the other restaurants in the same genre (yakitori, kaiseki, high end sushi etc). The only one that we agree on 100% doing again next time we're in town is Sakagura - but if you're not into more "traditional" Japanese food and sake, it doesn't make much sense to visit.

Latest posts

Back