Indianapolis Meetup?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heckel7302

KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi KKF Brethren,

I just moved to Indianapolis a few months ago. When I lived in Florida I had a knife buddy that I'd hang out with, feel each others knives, sniff each others stones, you know how it is. Anyway, thought I'd put a feeler out there to see if there would be any interest in an Indianapolis meetup. I'd be happy to host. Sometimes it tough having such a niche hobby that no one you know gives two hoots about. Anyone interested, let me know!

Hi!

I'm in Cincy and would be up for something like this. Indy isn't too far away. I will caveat it with, between a home reno project and spring sports my weekends are booked until about June...but this sounds fun. We could get some costco sized bags of produce and find some recipe that calls for copious amounts of onions and carrots! Recent family pic attached, but I also have a habit of selling off "family" members so might be some changes by the summer. (Top 3 on the left are already gone since this was taken and replaced by a Tsourkan and Togashi honyaki :))

Attachments

• Knife collection Jan 2022.jpg
    Knife collection Jan 2022.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 25
Any interest in reviving this? August looks ok for me to sneak out at some point with a bag full of knives! Football season is coming, could do a game day thing, I call veggie tray prep :). Also open to pushing back in to the fall a bit. Late fall ups the chance of some venison traveling with me.

Don't think i could host (Cincy) in August, but potentially later if the location worked better for people. House isn't crazy fancy or anything, but I do have an 8 burner gas range...you got to invest in what's important right!

@tylerleach - Indy/Cincy are much closer than DC... You got to make appearances and press the flesh if you're going to be mayor of KKF! (I think the masskateers already have the upper level cabinet positions on lock down.)

I bet we could get to near 100 knives with 4 or 5 of us...

I’m
Any interest in reviving this? August looks ok for me to sneak out at some point with a bag full of knives! Football season is coming, could do a game day thing, I call veggie tray prep :). Also open to pushing back in to the fall a bit. Late fall ups the chance of some venison traveling with me.

Don't think i could host (Cincy) in August, but potentially later if the location worked better for people. House isn't crazy fancy or anything, but I do have an 8 burner gas range...you got to invest in what's important right!
I’m totally game. I’d love to make it happen, just sort of lost track of the post since there wasn’t a lot of replies. My schedule is pretty open after August 6 through through about September 15. Happy to host the gathering in Carmel IN, should is come to pass. Cinci is about 90+ minutes away.

Hey all. I've reviving this idea of a Midwest Meetup. Looking at either Saturday July, 1 or Sunday, July 2, since the family will be out of town and I'll have the house all to myself. My knife and stone collection has increased significantly in the last year, you know, as they tend to do. ;)

Would be fun to meet some people and check out some cool knives and stones. Paging members that seem like they are in the general area (Indiana, Western Ohio, Eastern IL, Northern KY), @ButlerHoosierChef @Homechef @Gjackson98 @Ucmd @ramenlegend @Millertime1111 @sansho @gcozee @tolesy @bahamaroot @tylerleach

Feel free to tag anyone that might be interested

Last edited:
Back