Quantcast

Interest in black buffalo horn?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am thinking about ordering some buffalo horn pieces directly from either India or Vietnam for wa handles. They want a minimum order of 100 pieces, and since I need to order a few other things, that is a bit much for me right now. So, I wanted to see if anybody else has interest in a few.

I mainly need black horn. The quote from India is just under $4 for a piece of 28-29mm diameter and 35mm length. With a diameter of 31-32mm they would be a touch over $5. That includes shipping, but a money transfer is going to cost me about $50 and I would probably want to round the cost up a bit for that. I had pieces from this seller before, and the quality was clearly better than the rolls I got from Jantz, and the diameter is also a bit thicker even with the cheaper ones - but they are also a bit more expensive per piece.

I also have an offer from a seller in Vietnam, but he is asking for $6.50 a piece - requesting a counter-offer... . If I can order more, I can talk with him about the price again. He has been reliable in the past, and he also accepts credit cards which makes me always feel a little safer...

I know, there are others out there who play around with wa handles, but don't really want to take orders for single pieces and have to ship them out. So I thought I'd ask here in the vendor forum and see if anybody is interested in a few. Can you please let me know by August 12? I am expecting a bit of cash flow after that and would like to order around the 16th or so. Unless it gets huge, I could front the cost and then ask for payment once they get to the US - which can take a while, I am not expecting them before 8-10 weeks after placing the order.

Anyway, just wanted to check and hope it is o.k. to do that here (Dave?). Oh, and if anybody has a secret - and cheaper - source, please let me know :)

Mahalo,

Stefan

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Just a quick follow-up: If I had more cash, I would just order them, but since I am tight right now, it wouldnreally make more sense to ask for the payments around the time I have to send out the money. Of course, I would carry the risk and stand in for it. I am sure that those who know me will vouch for me.

If interested, please let me know how many at what maximum price. If not, no problem.
Thanks,

Stefan