Iron clad or stainless clad as a practice knife for beginner?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t heard of the CoS steel. Probably the newest line from kurosaki.

This seems like a pretty good deal to me if you are interested in SG2 core stainless clad.

Attachments

• 9995F403-C322-49FA-BACF-014B9DBCEAE8.png
    9995F403-C322-49FA-BACF-014B9DBCEAE8.png
    119 KB · Views: 44
From what I heard from cleancut.se, it is a rather new steel. Seems Fällkniven has been using it on their survival style knives for a few years and swear by it.

Yes that looks like a good one! Maybe I need to get both with AS to compare....... :rolleyes:

I didn't know where to post this, so I thought I'd just post it in the sharpening thread I started: I sharpened my 180mm Wat nakiri for the first time since I got it (second time I ever took something to the stone - first was a fruitless attempt at getting the feel for it on my beater Mercers)

Cut some onions & carrots with it afterwards and I got super giddy like a little kid.

I didn't know where to post this, so I thought I'd just post it in the sharpening thread I started: I sharpened my 180mm Wat nakiri for the first time since I got it (second time I ever took something to the stone - first was a fruitless attempt at getting the feel for it on my beater Mercers)

Cut some onions & carrots with it afterwards and I got super giddy like a little kid.

Success! [emoji108]

Back