Itinomonn - Maksim please tells us more :)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrey, to have a personal opinion is perfectly fine :)

Jon - is there some definition of "stainless"? But I agree - many knives considered stainless have less than 15% of Chromium. The SS knives seem to have around 5-7%

Yes... Stainless is considered above 11% or 13% depending on who you talk to. I've seen both from reputable sources

Standard minimum is 10.5%Cr for passivation, but 13% is a generally agreed standard for normal use, and higher levels might be necessary depending on intended environment and other characteristics of the alloy.

also, i was typing from my cell phone on a train before, so i didnt notice the question about semi-stainless... many of the ones we like are in the 4-9% range

Andrey, to have a personal opinion is perfectly fine :)

Jon - is there some definition of "stainless"? But I agree - many knives considered stainless have less than 15% of Chromium. The SS knives seem to have around 5-7%

To be considered stainless - 10,5%
Average 13%
" beloved" VG-10 " golden standard"- 15% ( most Japanese stainless knives)
Uddeholm Vanax - PM - 20%
Etc.

Fwiw stainless is above 11-13% depending on who you talk to... 15% is well beyond that, and many of the stainless steels likes on these forums are in the 13-14% range

Jon, i gave my answer
The question was regarding Itinomonn SS- i gave my opinion to this knife.
There are really a lot of knives / steels with high chromium content ( from AUS-8 , VG-10 to PM steels) no need to discuss it inside this topic. ;).

Jon, i gave my answer
The question was regarding Itinomonn SS- i gave my opinion to this knife.
There are really a lot of knives / steels with high chromium content ( from AUS-8 , VG-10 to PM steels) no need to discuss it inside this topic. ;).

Certainly don't want to have the first topic ever to expand beyond the initial scope, answer questions that had not yet been asked or otherwise drift into new territory. It's never happened before and only through vigilance can we keep it from happening...:nono:

Audrey provided some opinion about the subject knife. Jon provided some informative facts (in response to questions) about what stainless means in a knife context. I was glad to read both.

Hi, I recently purchased the Itinomonn kasumi stainless knife and it has arrived in perfect shape.

Now i have some questions about it and i dont wont to open another post that is why i am posting here :)

1. I would like to know witch angle should i put on it?
To me it looks like that he knife is sharpened at a 50/50 ratio. So my first thought was a 30 degree inclusive angle. (I am just a home cook)

2.I would like to protect the handle with a mineral oil like the Ikea one :
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00046786/
Is that correct or should i use another product?

3. This is just for personal interest, but I would like to know the hardness and the steal of the knife.

By, Dani

Back