it's raining handles (pic heavy)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to the winners! I'll cry alone in my bed, tonight ;-)

Many thanks for organizing this, icanhaschzbrgr!

Awesome! Congrats to everyone!
I actually have a few of these addresses already too.
2/3 of those handles are heading to USA so you'll be pretty busy sending them :)
There are also two winners from Canada and I'm not sure how to best arrange shipping. Send directly from here or also send them to USA and ship to Canada from there… please advice.

Thanks for being so generous! How do I pay you for shipping to Chris?

It would probably be cheaper to ship the Canadian-bound ones to me first as well. Shipping (especially for something as small as a handle) isn't too bad to Canada from here.

It would probably be cheaper to ship the Canadian-bound ones to me first as well. Shipping (especially for something as small as a handle) isn't too bad to Canada from here.
Alright then! There will be around 15 handles in this parcel (including those for your PIFs). Will try to send it as soon as I could.

wow thanks! look forward to one day returning the favor.

2/3 of those handles are heading to USA so you'll be pretty busy sending them :)
There are also two winners from Canada and I'm not sure how to best arrange shipping. Send directly from here or also send them to USA and ship to Canada from there… please advice.

I go to Canada probably once a month and could ship them on my next trip if you want. This time around, it would have to wait until I get back to the NW from Hawaii though. Next trip to BC is planned for June 24th. Let me know if I can help.

Awesome! I just saw that I won the sweet upgraded Carter Throwback handle! This will let me upgrade one of my own pieces for a change, and check out your work. :)

I really appreciate it. Fantastic PIF. Let me know if I can help with shipping. :)

Package for US and Canada winners was sent today. I believe Chris will contact winners about shipping costs after getting package.

I'm slowly proceeding with sending packages to EU winners.

WOW I love the one I have Won . as many I have not won anything in so long it is a real Honor . Thank you very much how should I send my addy ?

Thanks Anton, i am looking fwd to see your work. I have picked up a small knife from Maxim's gathering to use with :)

damn, I am shocked I won a handle. Thank you for your generosity! I cant wait to mount this on a deserving knife and post the feedback and pics!

I just saw that I won a handle. Thanks for the great giveaway Anton.

Quick update on this: last 3 packages were sent yesterday to Europe winners. Package to US winners today arrived to the town where Chris lives. I'll send all addresses of US winners to Chris today, so he could get in contact with you and arrange shipping.

Thanks for participating and I hope you'll like your handles.

The handles were waiting on my doorstep when I arrived home last night. Everything looks great!
Really nice work Anton.
I will start packing them up and distributing them this week. I'll get with Anton to obtain the addresses I don't have.
Thanks again for the PIF ones too.

I think I sent you My Addy, if Not please let me know and I'll do so Immediately Thank You for this Blessing and Most Gracious Gift .

Sam

I got all these shipped out this A.M. I'll PM everyone with tracking #'s and an amount to reimburse for shipping + PayPal info.

I've received mine!

The craftsmanship is wonderful and the finish is superb. The wood is beautiful too but pictures really don't capture it well, it really is something special in hand.

Anton, are you intending to start selling and taking orders on handles? I sincerely hope so.

Here's a photo. I'm sorry about the poor lighting, I'll try to take a better one soon.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2900/14013862500_7605426914_b.jpg

Now I just need to buy a knife for it!

On another note, I'm really impressed by Russian post. I'd never ordered anything from Russia before, but this month I've received this handle from Anton and a board from MTM wood which both arrived in prefect condition in around half the stated timescale.

Thanks Anton!

The picture is showing on the app, but not on the website.

Let's try again:

14013862500_7605426914_b.jpg

Nice board, Mark!

You were pretty lucky to get your packages from the claws of Russian Post in reasonable time. Maybe it's a good karma or something like this. Though, yes I have to admit our post is slowly getting better.
I'm aware that there are some fit&finish issues with some handles from this giveaway, but again, seem like you've been lucky.

I'll keep practicing in handle making and that's the only plan I have for now :)

Nice stuff, too bad I was late to the party on this, very generous of you, clearly I have to look more diligently at the new threads, hate missing out on such a great one :p

Thank you Anton,

I was back Monday from a long weekend and a small package was waiting for me :) !!! The handle I won is a beauty and it fits me perfectly, I have a 21cm yanagiba coming (UPS says today) for it. As for the other two, they are a bit thin (even for me) but I have one knife to try them with.

PS: I have paypaled the shipping cost

Finally got to put this baby to work tonight, many thanks Anton!!
Everyone, post your handles!!!!

Thanks Erik!

Guys (winners) please don't hesitate to share your opinion about your handles. Either here or in PM/email. Especially if there's something that you don't like or would change. If you aren't comfortable with shape, or don't like finish, or handle broke while installing — please let me know so I could do a better job next time.

Cheers

Back