J-knife vs. Custom

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Iron Age and all its precursors and derivatives. One thing is certain all peoples have sought a better way to cut something.

I disapprove of this message, on the grounds that it is too diplomatic. You are either with us or against us. There is no middle ground. This....

... is the internet.

Like many here, I started with Wustoff’s. Learned to sharpen early. Liked cooking so I bought a carbon pan. Liked the pan so I bought a carbon steel knife made in Japan. Liked the knife so I bought fifty or sixty more. Discovered KKF and at the recommendation of a KKF member bought a knife made by a western maker. Liked it so I bought fifty or sixty more. Still buy JKnives and western knives. I like them all, use them all and sharpen them all. Don’t sell my knives ... they’re all members of my immediate family. Traded once (still regret it), have given a half dozen away.

Thatzit!

Ok ... lets throw these into the mix ... all prehistoric. Obviously wa handled ... but wait ... there’s a couple there that were definitely chipped (old style forging) by one of Bob Kramer’s fore bearers. The search for sharp has been going on a long time. So has a persons idea of the perfect blade shape and handle profile.

F4238728-82FB-451B-A2F0-7567605D8303.png
0F844BCA-F735-4348-ADCB-957C266116EF.png
3B9F522E-6CF5-4882-B5BE-8738D4E142C4.png

Back