J-Nat Club

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HihO!

I got a big box today and here is the Highlight ;)

194x80x35mm

A big perfectly brick shaped collectorgrade Mizuhikara Uchigumori with a Wagyu like marble pattern (pattern is only cosmetically the stone is 100% plain without any scratching line)
Front and back side are 100% plain and usable and it even has stamps on it.

Tested it and it could polish away north korea... Jokes by side. It is very fast, not so soft with smooth great feedback and polishes extremly good. Scratches gone in an instant.
A awesome stone and will get a much bigger Ohira brother soon ;) Muahahah .. well i allready got such a ohira but the new one is even bigger and more grey than dark blue.

Seeya Daniel

30053133gq.jpeg

Thanks!
Other stuff is also very interesting and nothing bad.
I have a very strange 3-4k beige Stone with a weird pattern thats really interesting and fast like a synthetic.
Jnats never keep getting boring ;)

Not really i just got me a lot
Well the box was much bigger ;) a moving box.
And the big white monster Monster is in the next box. And then its stone embargo for some time.

But i am really happy that i only scored great stones and nothing came as a broken multi part stone.

hiho!

here is some more stuff .. the ones in the top row look smaller because of the angle (top row most left and right stones are 245mm length ;) )
In the bottom left youll find the big white stone that i mentioned 2 weeks ago... well it really is a 2,8 kilo 240x120x35mm Ao Renge Suita !!!! .. next to it is my fullsize Ohira ao renge from watanabe wich looks pretty small compared to it.

Mostly suitas and Nakayama Stuff, some weird ones and two Wakasa on the top row right. The first 3 in the top row on the left are giant uchigumori. Also one is a pretty funky vintage ohira shiro suita aka renge with giga tons of renge.

30138098pe.jpg

30138096sg.jpg

After 4-5 strokes with my Aogami2 Kamo-to Nakiri i had a concrete solid smile for the rest of the day ;))) This stone is hyper fast!!!! needs some lapping but its without any lines very pure, smooth sharpening and in a one and only never before seen size!

Fun fact.... i was the only one that bid on this auction ;)))) Really! no joke! I guess i was the only one that suggested this is a real jewel and not junk. I was actually pretty sure it is a Ao renge.. and Jackpot!!

30138097tx.jpg

Thanks!

Oh because of the Camera angle and lens the top row looks smaller.. The most left and right stones are 245mm length!
Also that orange wide one (n 3 from the top right) is an insane catch. It took me only 3-4 strokes for instant black slurry. And its 190x110mm .. very nice size.

I really love those over 205x75mm stones. its just more fun to use if they are much bigger.

Ok. Feel REALLY lame posting this after Krassi's haul, but we all know I'm amateur hour here...but this may allow me to up my game.

View attachment 36632

Yes my friends that is a full size hakka. I've been working on tracking one of these down for over 8 months. AND let me say soooo worth it. I got one of the JNS slivers a few months back and all that did is make me want a full sized one all the more.

What this does to my kasumi finishes is...awesome. Like anything, the right tools make the job so much easier.

I've got several different Aiiwatani and Aoto stones and each one is different enough from the last to produce a totally different experience to me. I think I may need a few more of these hakkas in my life as well.

Sorry ;) and i am mad!

Sounds pretty good! a soft super polishing stone! Well i dondt care from what mine it is.. in this softer range i got 4 stones that are narutaki, nakayama and unknown.. Also Uchigumori are pretty nice
What really is one point.. you get really different kind of kasumi looks from different stones.

I also gave a interesting purple aiiwatani wit black karasu swirls to zoze.. a nice polisher before a suita.

nice that you have a really sick polisher now! ;)

Shame I don't have any muddy fine polishers.

Not really. You, sir, are a wizard. Where mere mortal men need all the help they can get, all you need is the spells in your hands and whatever flatish surface you happen to have around.

Don't try to fool me, I'm onto you!!! :happymug:

I'd probably give up my efforts in despair if I saw what you could do with a few nice muddy polishers.

Well done Captain! I would love to see some pics of a knife finished with that hakka (for some reason I cant open the attachment). How is the effect on the jigane? Darker, towards an uchigumori, or a lighter haze?

I also have a nice hakka coming in... cant wait!

Looks very good. I have more humble results on a junker knife (still need to straighten it and regrind):
5qTciQC.jpg

Maruoyama white suita.

Looks very good. I have more humble results on a junker knife (still need to straighten it and regrind):
Thx, but that's unfair sir...
Very nice finish as always.
BTW, my 20CAD kiridashi also needs straightening, I see a pattern.

Hii!

i shot me a pretty mystery Suita that came like a piece of debris.

Soo i lapped 2 mm of it und it turned out to be a jewel

http://imgur.com/a/2dNYx

30211098cw.jpg
30211099up.jpg

The stone is packed with pink renge and one corner is completly pink. the lines are just visual and the full surface is flat and without holes.
its gives a nice white/gray/yellow/orange slurry and is a pretty fast polisher that removes little scratches at once.

Its also pretty big an has loooootts of colors ;)

Seeya,Daniel

Nice pickup Daniel. I scored a few as well, but have not taken possession yet. I hope my luck is as good as yours.

Hi!
Well i hope that you also scored Gold ;))
I was glad that i shipped those tons of stones now and well 2 new ones and more will be of course coming. Damned stone Addiction ;)

I really had mostly luck with my stones.. well i go by colors and sellers and what my guts tell me and what you can decipher from crappy cellphone pictures.

Thanks valgard! ;) i still have to lap my big ao renge when i have time.. this needs also around 2-3mm of lapping.. my arm will hurt after that and there should be tons of slurry i should put on a cloth.
To much work at the moment and to many stones i should try ;)

Thanks valgard! ;) i still have to lap my big ao renge when i have time.. this needs also around 2-3mm of lapping.. my arm will hurt after that and there should be tons of slurry i should put on a cloth.
To much work at the moment and to many stones i should try ;)
I can lap it for you, just ship it to me xD.

hahahaha .. ehh nope ;)
its freaking heavy with 2800 gramms.

I should show some other new stones soon.. got so many ;)

WoW! This is an exceptional clean shiro suita.
Very nice stone!

Back