Jackson's Knife journey

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting to get a Tsourkan too. I don't usually like light coloured handles, but that handle in that Tsourkan, fits like a glove with the blade.
The way he made that handle was very inspiring.
from the photo above you can tell the knife tang is through the handle (or it is a metal pin through the handle)
Based on the design it shifted the knife weight balance back.
Although this is a Workhorse profile knife, with the handle design it almost felt like a laser to me.

PS: You will feel little to no resistance cutting through all type of food.

B9E870B8-3C34-4EA3-90E5-A261FECD2BD5.jpg
BC7B8FC9-2DF9-4157-A65F-FB2C81E63B43.jpg

Munetoshi meat cleaver

Let us know it’s a cut above the WH?

I’ve been wondering why the KU Shig is at bottom of the barrel while KU Kato is valued above normal? Is it performance or rarity driven?

Last edited:
Let us know it’s a cut above the WH?

I’ve been wondering why the KU Shig is at bottom of the barrel while KU Kato is vaulted above normal? Is it performance or rarity driven?

Based on my minimum knowledge. The standard work labor and cost in Japan goes KU < Kasumi < Damascus < honyaki
So KU kato is so expensive I believe mostly due to rarity. I am sure if there is a KU shige gyuto it’s not gonna be cheap as well, assuming it’s also rare.

Personally I love the profile of my KU kato, it’s perfect dimension to my liking around 245x53; the tip rises less than the kasumi workhorse, and the extra weight was awesome as well.

Last edited:
Back