Japanese knife lexicon for searching Rakuten, Ebay.jp, etc.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone post the kanji for left handed? As in"left handed yanagiba" or "left handed single bevel"? Many thanks!

"left handed"=左用
"yanagiba"=柳刃庖丁 or 柳刃
"single bevel"=片刃

My apologies for posting a non-functioning address. The one posted worked (and still does) on my mac. The .com addition is probably the correction needed but that needs to be established by working on a computer on which the first version wouldn’t run. The store name “chokuhan” came from the site where I found the zakuris but when accessing the store site it’s labeled “agrifarmKOCHI”. The two names are interchangeable as well as I can tell and running the address with the store name switched works. Adding “kitchen knives” to the address (...store/agrifarm-kochi/kitchen knives/ ) also works and places you in the store directory just as if you had done the steps to get there via the sidebar. Adding this produced a strange result. The URL changed to- agrifarmKOCHI| Rakuten Global Market:kitchen knives and this also seems to work as an address.

Pavel

Ohira please,
And maybe Ohira Renge

Thanks

Great list

There is more than one Kato out there though...

Indeed...

1.jpg

Can anyone post the kanji for left handed? As in"left handed yanagiba" or "left handed single bevel"? Many thanks!

Reply to old post, but I can only see numbers and such in place of kanji in the original reply so thought maybe I'll recompile the basics for that.

Left 左 hand 手

Add hiragana の for some extra magic

Deba 出刃, yanagiba 柳刃

knife 包丁

左手の 出刃包丁 gave spot on results with Google image search.

Replace deba with your knife of choice.

Last edited:
Back