Jappanny & Seisuke

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam92

Reaction score
Are there same vendor? I saw the website picture in those website is exactly same, but Japanny is much higher price???

Anyone have Experience with this two website?
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 2.19.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 2.19.33 PM.png

Same owners but Seisuke is in the US and Japanny is in Japan. I have ordered from both, but it has been a few years. Good experiences though.

Same knife but 400 usd different 😱. I thought Japanny is for foreign.

Ive ordered from Japanny with good success. Granted, felt like i was rolling the dice.

Grabbed a Shigeki Tanaka Ginsanko Petty. ~$95. Not terrible.

I had no issues with an order from Japanny but I think the real test of a vendor is when you have a problem.

If there's something there you like, register, add it to your cart, and let it sit for a few days. Eventually they'll send you a 10% discount to check out. I got my Kurosaki Fujin there for about the going rate but they were the only vendor with them in stock. I didn't realize Seisuku was the same place but in the US, I'll probably prioritize that website over Japanny next time.

My 300mm AS Anryu suji from Seisuke had some unpretty grind marks on the KU and they happily swapped it out for a fresh one.

I had no issues with an order from Japanny but I think the real test of a vendor is when you have a problem.

If there's something there you like, register, add it to your cart, and let it sit for a few days. Eventually they'll send you a 10% discount to check out. I got my Kurosaki Fujin there for about the going rate but they were the only vendor with them in stock. I didn't realize Seisuku was the same place but in the US, I'll probably prioritize that website over Japanny next time.
The selection at Seisuke is more limited.

Back