• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Jean-Jose Tritz 170mm bunka in iron clad 145sc

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't have just one knife from a maker, so need to sell both of my Jean-Jose knives! This bunka would make a nice pairing with the 240 I just posted. I am second owner and have really enjoyed this little knife for a lot of everyday use. I have sharpened it and can say that it sharpens easily and it takes an awesome edge with a nice and thin profile. It's light and nimble despite the great heel height.
Specs are:
145sc with soft steelBocote wood handle and ebony ferruble, ambidextrous200 grams57mm height at the heel170mm blade length310mm OAL
Asking $375 delivered CONUS or as I mentioned in my gyuto post, $75 off for someone grabbing both.
Photos below.
IMG_4120.jpg
IMG_4121.jpg
IMG_4122.jpg
IMG_4123.jpg
IMG_4124.jpg
IMG_4125.jpg
IMG_4126.jpg
IMG_4127.jpg
IMG_4128.jpg

I got to use this knife and fell totally in love with it. It's the best shallot/garlic prep knife I've ever used. Such a fun and useful blade!

I'd buy it, but I'm in the process of converting one of my nakiri into a bunka because I liked the. Shape of this one so much.

Back