• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Jean-Jose Tritz 240mm gyuto, iron clad in 145sc

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks. Selling this beauty from Jean-Jose Tritz. He made it for me a few months back and though I love it, I'm focused on finding a K-tip Kato WH so plan to sell this and set aside funds!
Its a beautiful 240mm gyuto, WH grind, in curly Ringed Gidgee handle and matching saya. Really nicely done overall, hamaguri convex grind. It has a nice patina starting on it, and has not been sharpened. Specs are:
145sc core with soft steelRinged Gidgee teardrop shaped ambidextrous handle294 grams57mm at the heel239mm blade length380mm OAL
I paid $845 for it from Jean-Jose. Asking $750 delivered CONUS, Int'l add $40.
I'm going to post a JJT bunka here in a moment as well. They would make a nice set and if someone wanted both, I'll knock $75 off the combined prices.
Ping me with questions and thanks. Photos below.
IMG_4110.jpg
IMG_4111.jpg
IMG_4112.jpg
IMG_4113.jpg
IMG_4114.jpg
IMG_4115.jpg
IMG_4116.jpg
IMG_4117.jpg
IMG_4118.jpg
IMG_4119.jpg

Last edited:
How does the wood of that handle feel? At first glance, it looked like an empty toilet paper roll.

How does the wood of that handle feel? At first glance, it looked like an empty toilet paper roll.
I would say that it does not feel like an empty toilet paper roll. It's a one-piece, solid (wood is dense), and smooth in hand. I like the shape and requested ambidextrous. If I were to compliment it, I would say it almost disappears in hand. Don't really notice it. I don't have any criticisms. I wanted the one-piece look to blend with the saya.

Back