• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD JKI KAGEKIYO B1 240 GYUTO & SAYA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
Facts:

• Edge length- 230mm
  • Height at heel- 51mm
  • Weigh— 165.87g
  • Steel B1 core, soft iron clad
  • Condition is new, unused, unsharpened with original box
  • Reason for selling? Second round of restaurant shutdowns, funding for holidays. F ing sucks
  • Price $625 shipped conus. First $15 is covered if shipping outside of Conus, but let’s chat first

Super sexy knife with saya. I waited a long while for this to come back in stock through JKI.

B5C97AE2-0ACE-42BB-B13B-589157DEAC70.jpeg
A8418325-5337-4D2B-9E0F-FCCA2E86E844.jpeg
4F522DEA-FBA1-4114-B69F-0C700BDC9470.jpeg
712589E8-5B9F-44C0-B2D9-C6259D179B3A.jpeg

Always dream about one of these...Is the spine back rounded?

Yes, in that famous chamfered fashion that's synonymous with the team behind this and the other famous line they put out.

The kagekiyo line is incredible, I have the 270 kiritsuke and it's a joy to wield in the kitchen. If I recall the handle is urushi laqcured with 70 coats, with a fleck that is gorgeous.

I have the 270 and concur with the compliments given to this line. Its seems somewhat underated or perhaps under the radar. The heat treat to me seems really sturdy on the board.

My dog just got me the CKC kiritsuke version for Christmas. Its pretty sweet. GLWS.
I’ve been asking my wife for YEARS if we can get a dog yet, this is really rubbing salt in the wound.

Reactions: ian
I’ve been asking my wife for YEARS if we can get a dog yet, this is really rubbing salt in the wound.
A cat would have got him Kat-o

Seriously shocked this is still here. Maybe you can post a better pic of that gorgeous handle. I believe its textured for better grip top and bottom edges. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Seriously shocked this is still here. Maybe you can post a better pic of that gorgeous handle. I believe its textured for better grip top and bottom edges. Is that correct?

yes, the Left and right sides of the handle are silky smooth due to the beautiful lacquer work. The rest of the handle is lightly textured to create a good grip. I’ll have to take some pics in good lighting here shortly.
But if you look at the choil shot above you will also see in close detail the slight texture of the handle’s underside. And the pic below that shows a bit of the finely lacquered side.

Here are some closeups of the lacquer work on this one. Whats funny (to me) is I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a detailed pic of these handles before. It’s a shame as the work really deserves some attention.

Also worth noting is the saya. Though it’s not really a friction fit, the blade does fit somewhat snuggly. Plus the help of the hidden magnet(s) make the saya a perfect fit and hold. It has this rather satisfying “click/lock” feel when sliding the blade in.

The Gesshin Kagekiyo really is the complete package. If one were to do a little sleuthing they might find some very interesting info behind the makers of this brand. Here’s a start:

0685A464-2FEC-4989-9F3A-6FEEE18B60DF.jpeg
017644AC-2BBA-4D24-9AE5-DA8B8C20032D.jpeg

And below shows the underside of the handle, which is the same as the top side:

EBBF1EC1-D7B5-446B-8F52-89FFC3FF5033.jpeg

If its any consolation, based on their instagram over the past few days, it looks like Morihiro is training a replacement in the same style for Kagekiyo, so it won't change like the Fuji . (Not shitting on the Fuji, just saying its been a shift.)

Back