JMJones Knives Pass Around – 240mm Wa Gyuto- Sign up

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMJones

Reaction score
For the last few years I have not been all that active on this forum as a vendor, and have put very few knives up for sale. However I have still been making knives, building inventory, taking orders (here and there) and still honing my knife making abilities and expanding my shop capabilities.
As a sort of reintroduction to the group and to my product, I am offering my second ever pass around! The knife will be a 240mm Wa Gyuto in 52100 mono steel, S- Grind and fitted with a Bubinga and African Blackwood handle by Schroeder Knifeworks.
A knife from the same batch with a Maple and Blackwood Handle can be seen at the link below.

https://homebutcher.com/collections/jm-jones-knives

To keep things simple I would like to keep this to the USA at this time(to keep shipping times and costs predictable) but if there is interest abroad we can work that into a second leg of the pass around.

Participants will be expected to keep/ use the knife for a couple day to a week maximum , then pay priority shipping and insurance via UPS or USPS to the next person on the list.

If you are interested, please respond below.

Thanks

John

I would love to participate, thank you for the opportunity!

Thanks for the interest everyone, I will keep this open through the end of the week.

John

I live in Canada so I can't join but if at anytime you want to toss me a bone I would love to try a JM Jones gyuto, I've been curious about you for a little while.

Messages sent for mailing info. Passaround is closed at this time but may reopen after the knife has made the rounds.

Thanks

John

The knife shipped today to China Cats. I will post the order shortly, just waiting to hear back from a few.

Here is the order. It is based on an estimate of the shortest shipping distance between participants.

China Cats
KCMande
Groc
Brian H
tgfencer
wildboar
toddnmd
dwalker
sline
Labor of Love
Dave B
The Captain
solid Snake
Ivang
Godslayer

Please PM the person next on the list for their shipping info, or I can send it as well.

Thanks

John

Eagle has landed! Didn't too much with it this evening but gave it a pretty good initial test using a whole head of cabbage, large carrot, onion and large amount of garlic. Tomorrow will be potatoes and will report back.

Initial impressions are very good, knife feels great in hand and had no problem with anything I used it on today.

Knife is in my hands now.
First round of testing (read dinner tonight is)
Sweet potatoes
Shaved Brussels
Mushrooms
I'll post some better pictures tomorrow if the sun comes out but for now
Edit. I apparently still have no idea how to post pictures...

2017-11-06%2018.46.03.jpg

Back