JNat Shops in Kobe?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zweber12

Shig Lord
Reaction score
Hello All, next month I be spending a couple days in Kobe (and probably 1 in Kyoto) and wondering if any knows any addresses of stone shops. Several searches on the forum and internet did not yield any useful information. Hopefully you guys/gals can help out! thanks a ton in advance!

I have only been to Kobe once and certainly did not discover any knife / stone shops there. Kyoto is a different matter as there are at least 4 worth visiting, depending on what you are looking for.

So i am back from Japan and a short update for future travellers to Kobe looking for knives:

1. Kikuhide
Below a few shorts of the shop:

kobe1.jpg

kobe2.jpg

I can be very short about Kikuhide, as they closed shop on August 14th. Of course i visited on the 16th! :(

2. Kireajinoie

kobe3.jpg

Selling mainly Mizuno and another brand I could not identify. The shop has a broad range of different types of knives from these two brands. Great shop if you look for scissors and other short hunting type of knives; no stones available.

Back