• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS JNATS: Ohira Uchigumori renge

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Hello..

a couple of clean Ohira Uchigumori finishers with much renge for sale:

180*66*27mm
Sides and bottom sealed with natural glossy urushi .
LV4
$421 shipped worldwide (DHL with tracking number) and finger stones if you want to try some.

186*68*27mm
sides and bottom sealed
LV4-
$434 shipped worldwide (DHL with tracking number) and finger stones if you want to try some.

204*75*36mm
sides and bottom sealed
LV4+
$861 shipped worldwide (DHL with tracking number) and finger stones if you want to try some.

Last edited:
Great looking stones! I'd pick one up but I want to work on my sharpening skills before diving even deeper than I already have with this hobby 😂 . GLWS!

I am sorry to come back to the description after such a ridiculously long time.

These stones are awesome suita that won't not only give you a spectacular finish but also a very, very sharp edge for cutting food (fine and smooth, with bite)

Those three stones are habiki and have very similar properties but you may find some small difference. So you can compare them against each other:

The softest of the bunch by a little. It has about the same grain size as #1 and a similar grain size. . It is slightly softer so you will get an overall brighter blade and the contrast is virtually identical as #1.

The hardest and finest stone of the bunch by a little. The contrast is also slightly stronger and the blade turns a bit darker.

Last edited:
[
I’m sure Nutmeg will get around to updating this, but I inquired about #1 and #2 a couple weeks ago and they were both sold. He was kind enough to pull another one out for me, which is currently waiting to board its transatlantic flight. What a guy!
Those 2 stones have been living in my head rent free for a week now 😭. I’m not sure if I should be happy to save money, or sad that They’re gone haha

I am sorry for the late update. It's been a silly back and forth with reservations for #1 and #2..
Now it seems like all the three stones are finding their new home.

Back