• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Jnats...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbusby1

Reaction score
Trying to get rid of all the jnats I've been hoarding. All sealed. All prices shipped, CONUS only please

1) Aoto 165*57*44mm $150

2) Aizu 145*45*28mm $55

3) natsuya 213x67x76mm $285

4) unknown suita (okudo) 204x77x33 1200g $375

5) Ohira suita 194*71*30mm $365
**(those are the longest points of length and width)**

6) Yaginoshima asagi 181*67*41mm $210

7) Ohira karasu 204*85*18mm $425
(dimensions as if rectangular)

UPDATE
1) Aoto $150
2) Aizu SOLD
3) Natsuya DROP $275
4) Unknown Suita (okudo) DROP $365
5) Ohira Suita SOLD
6) Yaginoshima Suita $210
7) Ohira Karasu (Now mounted*) $425

* Mounted the Ohira Karasu to some salvaged cypress with silicone for improved stability. Also took some pictures of the quick polish it left on a 210 munetoshi gyuto

Here are some requested photos of the Unkown (Okudo) stone and its polish on a munetoshi petty. Apologies for photo quality-- had to use an older phone :/

Slurry buildup after 15 seconds:

Trying to capture the purple renge (fail)

Polish (wet)

Polish (dry)

Would of loved the jns 1000 unfortunately don’t know enough about Jnats to even begin to know what’s what lol

Second time I've PM'd additional pics of the Aoto, so here's for everyone:

Aoto SOLD.

Stilll available: natsuya, unkown/okudo, yaginoshima, & ohira karasu

UPDATE & PRICE DROPS
1) Aoto SOLD
2) Aizu SOLD
3) Natsuya $265
4) Unknown Suita (okudo) $355
5) Ohira Suita SOLD
6) Yaginoshima Suita $205
7) Ohira Karasu (Now mounted*) $415

UPDATE & PRICE DROPS
1) Aoto SOLD
2) Aizu SOLD
3) Natsuya $255
4) Unknown Suita (okudo) $345
5) Ohira Suita SOLD
6) Yaginoshima Suita $195
7) Ohira Karasu (Now mounted*) $405

Final price drops before I close this thread:
1) Aoto SOLD
2) Aizu SOLD
3) Natsuya $240
4) Unknown Suita (okudo) $330
5) Ohira Suita SOLD
6) Yaginoshima Suita $180
7) Ohira Karasu (Now mounted*) $390

Do you still have the yaginoshima Asagi? If so do you have pics of the finish? Or info on how fine/hard it is?

How hard would you say the natsuya is ? Also, is it closer to a coarser grit or fine ?

Do you still have the yaginoshima Asagi? If so do you have pics of the finish? Or info on how fine/hard it is?

Yaginoshima still available. I will try and post photos later today. It is in the range of 4-7k finish. I would call it medium hardness, maybe medium soft relative to how fine it is.

How hard would you say the natsuya is ? Also, is it closer to a coarser grit or fine ?

The Natsuya is medium hardness. It slurries very quickly and needs a good bit of water at the beginning, but feels very precise and aggressive for being a medium-coarse jnat. It cuts very quickly and leaves a great, toothy finish that lasts a very long time. I would say it's comparable grit range is 800-2500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back