JNS May Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on my phone with a 240 in the cart and decided to switch over to my computer to finish the deal. Bad call on my part as it was gone by the time I booted up.

Anyone from the states doing an order with this sale - that's willing to pick up a $50 item for me and mail it - pls pm. Of course I'll get the $50 and USPS charges.

I grabbed one of the 240's. Interested to see how it compares to my 210.

Dave - Do you want to check and see if it's back in stock? I will email Maxim to see if he shipped mine out yet.

I grabbed one of the 240's. Interested to see how it compares to my 210.
I have had both. The 240 is a beast and for me even better than the 210 if you like a heavier knife. The 210 is more versatile and still very good.

One of my cousins is turning 40 soon. Got him a 240 Kaeru gyuto, 270 Kaeru Suji, and a 150 Kaeru petty as a set that he will receive as a gift. Got the last Toshihirosaku 210 gyuto as well, but for a different cousin. Got the last Benriner Super Mandolin for myself.

I had a 240 Toyama and still own a 270(the 270 came first and ended up replacing my 240 Kato WH if that says anything...) I think his grind performs better on a longer knife with added heft, and gives you a better sense of the ‘total’ grind if that makes sense?

I had a 240 Toyama and still own a 270(the 270 came first and ended up replacing my 240 Kato WH if that says anything...) I think his grind performs better on a longer knife with added heft, and gives you a better sense of the ‘total’ grind if that makes sense?

Do you have a toyama suji out of curiosity?

One of my cousins is turning 40 soon. Got him a 240 Kaeru gyuto, 270 Kaeru Suji, and a 150 Kaeru petty as a set that he will receive as a gift. Got the last Toshihirosaku 210 gyuto as well, but for a different cousin. Got the last Benriner Super Mandolin for myself.
I wish you were my cousin.

I’ve been using my 240mm Toyama for about a week now and wow!!! What a knife. I love that the weight makes it just fall through food. Good food release, I’m in love! Makes me want to get a Watanabe or Kato WH next!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! I like mine as a change of pace, with the weight and the blade heavy weighting it can definitely do some damage to what is in front of it.

Good luck on the Kato as they seem to be a bit more elusive than the Watanabe.

Back