JNS May Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t waste your time on the Kato at the prices they’re going for nowadays.

Are they great knives?

Of course!

Are they $600+ for a used 240 gyuto good?

Nah.

I wouldn’t waste your time on the Kato at the prices they’re going for nowadays.

Are they great knives?

Of course!

Are they $600+ for a used 240 gyuto good?

Nah.
You can't touch a used Kato 240 for under $800 anymore and getting harder to find one under $900, unless it's been abused.

Jesus! I stopped looking at bst posts when they hit the 600 range. 800 is just ridiculous, rarity be damned.

Sure are phenemonal knives though. I wish I had been into knives and in the know, when they were easier and more affordable to get.

Sure are phenemonal knives though. I wish I had been into knives and in the know, when they were easier and more affordable to get.

I purchased 3 different kato from BST a few years ago all under $400, I just never found them to be useful enough to keep around. They are unique and fun to use, I just had a hard time finding tasks that Katos performed in a superior way to other stuff in my kit. I still would like to own a new one again. But only at retail price which will likely never happen.

Latest posts

Back