Quantcast

Just a few good friends of JoseMartinLopez ("I will buy this")

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

labor of love

Reaction score
The Kisukes look interesting. I enjoyed the article/review you wrote about using Manaka’s knives...anybody else that’s interested in Kisuke should check it out.

Last edited:

M1k3

Nü Mëmbêr
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Links to the blog are forbidden by the system. Just like links to ToGo.
Seems weird. Seeing as JML joined way after all that drama that caused the censored links.

McMan

Reaction score
Seems weird. Seeing as JML joined way after all that drama that caused the censored links.
Or, if a member is banned, their IP address is logged? The blog matches a logged banned IP?

tchan001

Reaction score
No deletion back then, just a lot of asterisk replacements as if it were one of the longest forbidden words you've ever wanted to censor.

M1k3

Nü Mëmbêr
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No deletion back then, just a lot of asterisk replacements as if it were one of the longest forbidden words you've ever wanted to censor.
Oh. Must of been someone else.

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the blog is decent. Solid effort. I appreciate JML efforts. There is not much of a comparative perspective and at times I felt it was a sales pitch for a Manaka copying what retailers are saying vs. his own voice or a more objective assessment of the knife. But the blog is good reading.

also, my manaka - it’s 205 gm, so a bit heavier, Aogami 2, got it for an amazing price. I could have got the Aogami 1 for about USD 150 less than Miura at another retailer. But I wanted to try him first, before investing too much

the knife is very nice, have yet to use it. Fantastic finish. i think the Manaka blows away the Mazaki By looks, polish, finish And hand feel. maz Has developed a cult of personality on this forum, but if Manaka continues like this, he will be ahead of Maz in short order, if he is not ahead already.

real talent here I believe (Manaka, not JML🙂) and JML showing some blog potential as Well.

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much reflection, I can’t figure out what these are. Top one looks toyamanabe’ish

but what ever they are bravo snd they look gorgeous

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, you are right - I just looked at the Nakiri - it’s a Toyama. I think the top one maybe the 270 Stainless

I love that knife - I used it over the weekend - kill it is a joyto work with it in the kitchen - made me forget my Kaiju (for a while😊)

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for introducing the measuring tape - but it’s a strange tape - seems to go both ways😂

How do you find his Nakiri? I have the 240 Wa Gyuto

4wa1l

Reaction score
Nice Jiro Nakiri! You should do a comparison between all your different ones on the blog!

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Please let me remind everyone kindly that this is a Gallery thread by @josemartinlopez, not a “look, I have a knife too” thread. Thank you.
Sry Matus, not sure if this is Dave the fellow mod or Dave the member but. Jose has started more effed up threads and effed up more existing threads than anyone else on here has done in the last 100 years. And I think he's proud of his legacy. If his thread goes a little sideways I'll not shed a tear.

You're correct that it should be his thread and if he reported something particularly egregious, Dave the mod might delete it for him. (Prolly just as likely to put the offending material in a 50 point font and make a banner)

:cool: