Just a few good friends of JoseMartinLopez ("I will buy this")

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josemartinlopez

我會買所有的獨角獸
Reaction score
Knife - Itou Pictorial 225 270 - 2020 09 25 - 01 DSC04466 EDITED.jpg

Knife - 2020 10 03 - Tanaka Ironwood 01 Long shot A IMG_1727.jpg

Knife - 2020 12 12 - LarrinThomasBook.jpg

Knife - 2020 12 05 - Kisuke 01 IMG_0326 copy.jpg

What kind of raquin is that?

The Kisukes look interesting. I enjoyed the article/review you wrote about using Manaka’s knives...anybody else that’s interested in Kisuke should check it out.

Last edited:
The Kisukes look interesting. I enjoyed the article/review you wrote about using Manaka’s knives...anybody else that’s interested in Kisuke should check it out.

Do you have a link, or is it on the forum somewhere...?

Seems weird. Seeing as JML joined way after all that drama that caused the censored links.
Or, if a member is banned, their IP address is logged? The blog matches a logged banned IP?

No deletion back then, just a lot of asterisk replacements as if it were one of the longest forbidden words you've ever wanted to censor.

I think the blog is decent. Solid effort. I appreciate JML efforts. There is not much of a comparative perspective and at times I felt it was a sales pitch for a Manaka copying what retailers are saying vs. his own voice or a more objective assessment of the knife. But the blog is good reading.

also, my manaka - it’s 205 gm, so a bit heavier, Aogami 2, got it for an amazing price. I could have got the Aogami 1 for about USD 150 less than Miura at another retailer. But I wanted to try him first, before investing too much

the knife is very nice, have yet to use it. Fantastic finish. i think the Manaka blows away the Mazaki By looks, polish, finish And hand feel. maz Has developed a cult of personality on this forum, but if Manaka continues like this, he will be ahead of Maz in short order, if he is not ahead already.

real talent here I believe (Manaka, not JML🙂) and JML showing some blog potential as Well.

So much reflection, I can’t figure out what these are. Top one looks toyamanabe’ish

but what ever they are bravo snd they look gorgeous

Of course, you are right - I just looked at the Nakiri - it’s a Toyama. I think the top one maybe the 270 Stainless

I love that knife - I used it over the weekend - kill it is a joyto work with it in the kitchen - made me forget my Kaiju (for a while😊)

Thanks for introducing the measuring tape - but it’s a strange tape - seems to go both ways😂

How do you find his Nakiri? I have the 240 Wa Gyuto

Back