Just to say thanks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar

Reaction score
Hello again one year after.

Doubt you guys remember me, I ask for help one year ago to buy mi first japanese knife and following your guidance i finally pick a http://www.knivesandstones.com/tanaka-blue-2-nashiji-gyuto-240mm-stainless-clad/. After one year of practice in sharpening and some mistakes now i can put a decent edge in 5 mins, I know how to take care of the knife to avoid rust and I am very very happy with this knife.

I am gonna look for a petty knife and one more stone to upgrade my set and I hope you guys can help again if got the time, really apreciate the help you give me before, it helps a lot wen I dont have any clue on japanese knives ( even less than now).

So to all the people that spend the time posting to help me I want to say thanks a lot guys, really apreciate your efforts and time, you help me a lot when i was totally lost on this world.

P.D Hope you can understand mi english.

+1 on that....your English is better than some natural English speakers

Welcome back! Hope you decide on something good this time too! Tanaka makes a good knife.

Out of curiosity, which stones did you end up going with? Looking back it seems you were interested in the Chosera 1k and Arashiyama 6k, is that what you decided to go with?

Chosera 800 and chosera 3k finally. Prolly the Arashiyama 6k this time, but im not sure yet.

Nice Choices on first Stones!
I really like jns 6k if I go that high.
Chosera 3k is really all you need for double bevel knives.

Teruyasu Fujiwara white #1 petty is good choice. Nice steel, good height. Handle sucks, but still is usable. If you like it enough you could rehandle it.

TF nashiji is still pretty affordable with buffalo horn wa handle upgrade, nothing flashy but much nicer than the western imo.

Back