K-tip service from Korin

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Korin will now convert your new knife to a K-tip for a small fee. Is anyone using this service? Seems like a neat thing to offer, but i wonder if people will actually do it.

Do they provide laminating service? I want to change my Kato from standard to Dammy.

Wouldn’t mind paying to change my Gingas to honyakis too.

Id like to see pictures of the people who elect for this service.

Im... just kind of curious who would go for this. What kind of knife they would have it done too. How they intonate it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

I dunno, a lot of people will pay up for aesthetics, and that is quite a change in appearance for just $20. Folks will pay a lot more than that for a handle conversion or "upgrade". Personally i have always stuck with the stock version of whatever i buy.
K-tips are not for me (full disclosure: I bought a Sukenari K-tip when the regular version was sold out), but neither are some of the really expensive handles you see sometimes. (Or stamped 63-layer VG-10 "damascus".)

I dunno, a lot of people will pay up for aesthetics, and that is quite a change in appearance for just $20. Folks will pay a lot more than that for a handle conversion or "upgrade". Personally i have always stuck with the stock version of whatever i buy.
K-tips are not for me (full disclosure: I bought a Sukenari K-tip when the regular version was sold out), but neither are some of the really expensive handles you see sometimes. (Or stamped 63-layer VG-10 "damascus".)

to be fair though, knives are often sold without handles and what you see is what the dealer thinks is best based on what they think their customers like. plus it's not like they're permanent. and those pattern welded knives came like that.

we're talking about a retailer taking a knife and irreversibly altering it.

Im not sure I can agree these things are the same.

20201130_152447.jpg

seriously though, how is this an issue? We do it for customers all of the time when they ask. If that's what they want and it doesn't negatively impact anything that matters to them or to me, why not? Its a few seconds of work and can certainly be changed back (though obviously a bit less tall in that area).

seriously though, how is this an issue? We do it for customers all of the time when they ask. If that's what they want and it doesn't negatively impact anything that matters to them or to me, why not? Its a few seconds of work and can certainly be changed back (though obviously a bit less tall in that area).

I think most people here are making fun of the customers, not Korin. Good for them (and you) for making the people happy. :)

I've only used a couple knives with ktips, and I don't have any skin in the game here. Either way's fine.

In my case a bit of regret. The original had a gorgeous profile, and I feel like my request gorked it a bit, even if it was a practical necessity. Nothing wrong with it tho.

That said. K-tip pizza cutter?

Back