• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kaeru Special Blue2 Honyaki Gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Wen

Reaction score
This knife i got from JNS only few weeks ago. The F&F is actually very good!
It is a laser and very very thin behind the edge with an amazing distal taper.
It went through almost all ingredients like butter. Almost brand new never touched on stone or anything else. Cut some meat, tomatoes, onions and carrots. That's it !
I am selling this knife for 600 Euro including shipping cost!
3051649678413_.pic.jpg
3041649678413_.pic.jpg
3071649678413_.pic.jpg
3081649678413_.pic.jpg
3091649678413_.pic.jpg
3061649678413_.pic.jpg
3031649678413_.pic.jpg
3101649678886_.pic.jpg

I like my 270 from this line of honyaki quite a lot! Probably my favorite profile - a long gentle curve that is plenty flat for tap chopping and also useful for guillotine and glide. Steel is very solid, easy to sharpen and holds the edge for a good amount of time. Very bitey even at high levels of refinement. Great value for aogami honyaki!

GLWS!

I like my 270 from this line of honyaki quite a lot! Probably my favorite profile - a long gentle curve that is plenty flat for tap chopping and also useful for guillotine and glide. Steel is very solid, easy to sharpen and holds the edge for a good amount of time. Very bitey even at high levels of refinement. Great value for aogami honyaki!

GLWS!
Agreeeeee!!!

Any info on that small line ?
Look more like a monosteel aogami ,honyaki definitely have a different look .
Will definitely appreciate more info !😊
It’s a hamon, just located further back than usual. Not uncommon placement on this line of knives. They are also mostly straight like a Toyama or Wat honyaki vs wavy. If you check out my post history there should be a pic and you can see the line is a little further forward. The JNS website also has a decent amount of info on these if you want to learn more! From polishing I can assure you that the steel above the hamon is way softer than the hardened steel below.

Last edited:
It is a monosteel aogami and it is aogami 2

What is the exact spec height,length spine?
And weight?
Steel: Blue 2 steel water quenched

Handle: Octagonal chestnut wood with buffalo horn

Approx.. measurements:

Handle Length- 150mm
Handle Width- 25mm
Hell to Tip Length- 240mm
Blade Height at Heel- 49mm
Width of Spine at Handle- 3mm
Width of Spine at Middle- 2,5mm
Width of Spine 1cm from the tip- 1mm

Steel: Blue 2 steel water quenched

Handle: Octagonal chestnut wood with buffalo horn

Approx.. measurements:

Handle Length- 150mm
Handle Width- 25mm
Hell to Tip Length- 240mm
Blade Height at Heel- 49mm
Width of Spine at Handle- 3mm
Width of Spine at Middle- 2,5mm
Width of Spine 1cm from the tip- 1mm
Do you have a weight?

Really do wish you the best of luck on your sale, but the guidelines for BST state: "Bumping (aka bringing your thread to the top) - Do it a little. Don't do it a lot." Might rub some people here the wrong way and put them off with the frequent bumps...
Thank you for your advice!

I would suggest cleaning it up and retaking pictures, this thing should sell fast 👍🏻

I would use diamond dust then dry uchi powder

I would suggest cleaning it up and retaking pictures, this thing should sell fast 👍🏻

I would use diamond dust then dry uchi powder
Actually i have non of them it just comes with this colour and all JNS these special hon are like this haha

It's a hamon. That small area is the jigane. The rest of the knife is hagane. It is oddly small... I don't know why... but as this is honyaki - not just mono steel - it has hamon

Back